Menu
zidder
Dialled in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Locked accounts

Why do I keep having to change my email passwords ?

My accounts keep being locked saying my email addresses are being used to send spam

this is not my fault !! it is this useless new system you are using, if you stopped the spam this would not be happening.

This is now getting well beyond a joke get this sorted you bunch of excuses for IT pros.

yes I am well annoyed and holding back my true feelings, come Sept it is good bye Virgin even after over ten years, 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked accounts

i would be doing a full spyware, virus scan on the machine just in case got a keylogger for your passwords, i also have never really used my ISP for email, stuck with hotmail/outlook yahoo, gmail
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
zidder
Dialled in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I do a weekly virus scan and Malwarebytes scan. this situation was never apparent when Virgin used google mail system.

Have also now started get invites from ladies of the night which also never happened on the old system

Lets just admit it (VIRGIN) this does not work and was a cheap fix and sod the customers
0 Kudos
zidder
Dialled in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same thing here, has been happening to me for weeks. Sorry you are just another number and don't matter, this is nothing to do with Virgin it is all your fault.
Funny coincidence it has only happen since they started messing around with the email system
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi zidder, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your emails. It does sound quite frustrating. 

Take a look here for how to prevent this issue from happening again. 

Have you noticed any filters or forwarding that looks unfamiliar in your settings? 

Keep us posted, 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alk630
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_K are you a bot? I find it strange that you keep reciting the same old nonsense about e-mail problems to almost every query.

After almost a year of problems, it is beyond sounding frustrating.... it is an absolute farce! The steps in the link provided are neither useful, or indeed work. It doesn't matter what password users change to, because we can almost guarantee than VM will then proceed to lock their account on multiple occasions, at a later date, on the same grounds their account has been sending spam.

zidder
Dialled in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear !! it has happened again only a few days after being told by Cust. Ser. they had reset my password and it would not happen again.

We are all being strung along by a bunch of pre-programmed monkeys.

This now is going to be reported to the information commissioner, and I urge everyone else to log a complaint with them, maybe Virgin will then take this seriously. ( But maybe not, as they don't care)

0 Kudos
zidder
Dialled in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

A complaint has been registered with the Information commissioner about handling of personal information as it is my belief a security breach has occurred within the Virgin Media system.
0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Zidder,

Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt - but F'all else!

I do keep hoping that the more complaints the ICO get, they may eventually think that there is no smoke without fire -but they haven't yet. From my complaint a few months ago, they said to VM, have you suffered a data loss. VM said, no guv! and the ICO said, well that's OK then.

Igzilla
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've now been locked out of my accounts for the second time in a week. I had changed all my passwords and checked all my devices for viruses (and found nothing). I think it's Virgin's fault for having a **bleep**ty system, personally. I will be calling them tonight and giving them both barrels. Fed up with it.

0 Kudos