Menu
davesensorpro
Joining in
Message 21 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Legitimate emails being blocked as spam at ntlworld.com/blueyonder.co.uk/virginmedia.com

Hi Forum Team

I work for an email service provider and we are having the same issue (legitimate emails sent by our clients to Virginmedia/NTLWorld/BlueYonder) being flagged as SPAM). Is there a way that we can get whitelisted or removed from your internal blacklist if I provide IP addresses?

Thanks in advance
Dave.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Legitimate emails being blocked as spam at ntlworld.com/blueyonder.co.uk/virginmedia.com

Hi davesensorpro 

Thanks for your post, and we’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulty with our email service.

Please could you read this article: Email Spam Content Found

When you’ve followed the instructions there, post back on this thread, or start a new one, and confirm that you have checked the required settings and are still experiencing the problem.

One of our Forum Team will then get back to you in due course.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
VMSpamissues
Tuning in
Message 23 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moderator...
I'd appreciate your help.

I work for a company with a number of customers, hundreds? who use mail via Virgin mail, virgin.net, virginmedia.com, ntlworld.com...
We are not a major company, we are not a mass mailer, we do not spam, we have our SPF records set correctly, and our customers subscribe to be mailed by us.
We are regularly seeing mail bounces from "mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net", "5.2.0 GsYM1u00L2CSwhr01sYPzM Spam content found" in sending to your 'virgin mail' customers...

We are also in partnership with Virgin Media, but our contacts within Virgin have been unable to help with this issue, even after apparent escalation to your CEO...

Can someone please arrange to get me out of the black hole where no-one has yet been able to assist us in mailing our Customers...
Can someone contact me to 'whitelist' our company...

Many thanks.
Steve.

0 Kudos
VMSpamissues
Tuning in
Message 24 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi, me again...

I know I probably didn't tick a box... ;-)
I signed up on this forum to get help as our contacts in Virgin suggested it would help...
After my first post I get spammed by Virgin! two e-mails about "Praise where it's due" a "Oh Hello" and a "First reply" badge...

takes the biscuit...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 29
Flag for a moderator

You couldn't make these last two posts up. I'll ask the Forum Mods to get this looked at.

@ModTeam - a wry smile the company here is associated with you and your people couldn't even answer the question about the spam content found error. Someone somewhere needs a talking to.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 26 of 29
Flag for a moderator

VMSpamissues wrote:

Hi, me again...

I know I probably didn't tick a box... ;-)

Yup.

Notification settings can be changed at...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt Howard, looks like we may have missed it sorry.

Hello VMSpamissues

I am sorry to hear of your spam bounce problems sending email to our domains. I am not sure if you are aware or not but we are currently instigating a fix to deliver all email to our mailboxes and not bounce so much suspected spam Spam Folder Settings Change We have done quite a few already but hope to have it finished in about a week. Once delivered the recipients will be able to mark emails as not spam if appropriate and update our filters. When we complete the job if you are still having problems please let us know and we will happily investigate further.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
VMSpamissues
Tuning in
Message 28 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

thanks for your update.
Do update us further as to when all accounts are changed to get Spam delivered to a Spam folder rather than getting bounced.

I'd like to be able to inform all my company employees when the "Virgin Media Spam Issues" are finally sorted...

Alternatively, maybe someone can mail me privately, and we can 'whitelist' the domains my company send from...

Thanks,
Steve..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steve

Thanks for getting back, we have many mailboxes and hope to complete it early in January, once we hear it is done we will let everybody know. We tend not to whitelist unless we have to by the way, we prefer to investigate and try to find other solutions. As I say once the work is complete if you have further issues we will happily take a look.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos