Menu
puttley1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Legitimate e mails being bounced back

I have in the last few days set up a new e mail address - we now have three.  Everything has worked fine until today when sent messages from two of these addresses were bounced back.  Incoming mail is being received to both.  Both the addresses concerned relate to a classic car club for which my wife is the Membership Secretary and recently she has also in the short term taken on the Chairman's role as well.  The messages she is trying to send out from both these addresses are to members of the club, enroling new members and giving advice.  These are not SPAM messages.  How can I get the changes made that will allow her to resume using these two e mail addresses?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Legitimate e mails being bounced back

Hello puttley1

Thanks for the update, difficult to know what happened retrospectively but if happens again please let us know with as much information as you can, eg bounce back messages, domain of sending/recipient email addresses etc, we will do our best to help.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi puttley1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you here Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you've having an issue with emails bouncing back. Your best bet is to have a look here: Spam Content Found

Read the steps outlined and make any changes if you need to. 

If you are still having the same issue then, come back and let us know here and we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F, Forum Team.

I have just read this same reply from you to 6 different customer's posts on this same subject.

Can you honestly tell us you think that this is acceptable customer service to your paying customers? Could you name another email provider, where the users have to change the settings that work perfectly, when sending emails to any other provider?

How about Virgin Media change their settings, so that anyone can use the system - just like with any other email provider.

BTW, I have copied and pasted this reply into all the other threads you put your reply on, so they all say the same thing - just like you have done.

malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sort of replying to my own post above.

You will no longer find this same post on the other 5 threads that have the same reply from Kath_F - despite what I said. I'm not allowed to discuss the actions of the forum mods on here, so I'll leave you to work out where the other 5 posts went. It appears that my contribution 'served no benefit'.

0 Kudos
puttley1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For some reason and I know not why we seem to be ok again - at the moment. Time will tell.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello puttley1

Thanks for the update, difficult to know what happened retrospectively but if happens again please let us know with as much information as you can, eg bounce back messages, domain of sending/recipient email addresses etc, we will do our best to help.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
puttley1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I posted on here back in August 2016 when two new  e mail addresses were added to my account and e mails were being bounced back because they were thought to be spam.  I have yesterday changed my Hub for 3.0 and now find that whilst our own personal e mail account is fine in receiving and sending e mails the two others, which are tied in with my wife being Chairman/Membership Secretary of a classic car club are having e mails bounced back.  Can  Forum advisor please do what was done last time in August to allow these two accounts to work as they should.  Thankyou

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi puttley1,

I am sorry that this issue has recurred. I've just looked over your posts on here from earlier this year and it would seem that we didn't actually fix anything. You reported the issue resolved before we were able to actively intervene.

My best guess would be that the bounced back mails are due to the amount of mail being sent - as they're affecting only your wife's addresses and she's sending mail out to a number of recipients.
Please let me know what error the bounce backs include - I'd imagine VM320 perhaps but shall need more information to confirm if that's the case. I shall send you a PM shortly (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and shall investigate further as soon as I receive your reply.

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos