Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
EvilScot

Keeping email service, if one only has PAYG mobile

[ Edited ]
Hi, I am looking into how someone may be able to keep their old email address after leaving Virgin's cable service. The situation is that my mother is planning on moving into a retirement village and will most likely be unable to get cable. She does however have a VM pay as you go phone. This leaved me, the tech guru of the family, with two questions. 1 Can she keep her email address if she has a virgin mobile phone ? 2 Can she still collect her emails via the establishments own wifi network?
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Re: Keeping email service, if one only has PAYG mobile

No when you drop the cable service the email address will die almost instantly sadly

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi EvilScot

The Virgin Media mail account stays active for up to 90 days after closure of the account.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
barriebell

Why doesn't "customer service" know that email can stay active for 90 days - I am ending my service because I am moving abroad and they deny any knowledge of this.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
donford

EvilScot wrote:
Hi, I am looking into how someone may be able to keep their old email address after leaving Virgin's cable service. The situation is that my mother is planning on moving into a retirement village and will most likely be unable to get cable. She does however have a VM pay as you go phone. This leaved me, the tech guru of the family, with two questions. 1 Can she keep her email address if she has a virgin mobile phone ? 2 Can she still collect her emails via the establishments own wifi network?

Now is the time to set your mother up with a Hotmail address and email all of her friends a couple of times before she moves to let them, know of her new address.

Also set up VM webmail to forward email to her new email address, that way she will get everything that is sent to VM untril the account does die.

You can then set the phone up to collect emails over the establishment's wifi,if that is possible, so she will have two methods of accessing her mailbox

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

The mail address cannot close immediately as you need access to the mail and to myvirginmedia in order to get your final billing notification.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Steve so it does end as soon as the last bill is sent?

Other on here have reported differently of course

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi Trickiejon

The official response is that the account stays open for 90 days after the date of disconnection. I have seen almost as many cases that have either closed immediately as the account closed, or that have remained open indefinitely, as I have accounts that have disconnected in the correct timescale.

I can only tell it like it is supposed to happen, and raise it as a fault if it does not follow the rules.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

OK aSteve point taken

However in that case I expect that you have raised this as an issue many many times by now?

From Sunny Glasgow
Please use plain text.