Menu
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Item from The Register.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/11/15/virgin_media_ongoing_problems_delivering_email/

Virgin Media said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused whereby some Virgin Media email users experienced problems. This has now been resolved.”

Has it really?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Item from The Register.

One word spring to mind - as the swear filters will get upset I'll just say two instead - bovine excrement.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VM's reply must be something from the Donald J Trump school of truth telling. As VM is owned by a US conglomerate we should not be surprised at this. Maybe those of us who reply to the "spam content found" posts on this Forum should simply refer users to the report and reply. Any problems they are seeing must be wholly within in their own deluded imaginations.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Great that The Register has picked the issue up and highlighted it. They have also done this in the past with other parts of Virgin Media's failure list. With the greatest respect to The Register, it is a pity that these things done get picked up by more mainstream media, where large parts of the population could read about it.

The response from Virgin Media is totally par-for-the-course. Every problem which is put to them either didn't exist in the first place, or has now been fixed. I would disagree with the example of Donald Trump in this truth telling comparison - I would say Kim Jong-un and the North Korean way of dealing with the truth (totally ignoring it!) would be a better one.

One day Virgin Media (hopefully soon) the truth about your shambles of an operation will become very public and your lies and false denials will be shown up for what the were!

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Our team were asked for a statement regarding the problems with the Virgin.net domain on Friday and Saturday.

The article however focused on a different problem.

The statement we gave - as quoted above - has now been removed from the article.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

James,

I fully accept what you say. In fact, that very thought did actually go through my mind.

I have just looked at The Register article again and I see it now says that they await a response from Virgin media. I think that is a situation we can all relate to! I trust they will soon get the reply they and your customers deserve.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

James_W wrote:

Hi

Our team were asked for a statement regarding the problems with the Virgin.net domain on Friday and Saturday.

The article however focused on a different problem.

The statement we gave - as quoted above - has now been removed from the article.

Fair comment James_W.

When will the email issues referred to in the article be resolved?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I see they have added a reply on The Register - for what it's worth (nothing!)

Updated to add

A spokesman said: "We are aware of an issue affecting a small number of Virgin Media email users. We are currently investigating the problem and apologise for any inconvenience."

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

malsiluk wrote:

I see they have added a reply on The Register - for what it's worth (nothing!)

Updated to add

A spokesman said: "We are aware of an issue affecting a small number of Virgin Media email users. We are currently investigating the problem and apologise for any inconvenience."

Unfortunately the issue also affects a number of email users who are not using Virgin Media email services but are trying to send emails to Virgin Media customers. Are VM so sure that only a small number are affected, and how would they know?

How long has the problem been going on for now, and for how much longer?

Weasel words and corporate speech, all soundbite and hollow of content, meaning absolutely nothing.

JUST FIX THE VM EMAIL PLATFORM.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Being as Dotmailer and some other big email companies are reporting spam content found it's almost certain to be more than just a small number of customers.

Looking at the companies I've seen bounced, they're likely to send to a considerable number of customers across the UK.

Ravenstar68

@James_W - Please pass this on to management.  They are doing themselves no favours with  by attempting to downplay the scale of the issue.  Their response is little better than the other response.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.