Menu
Just joined
Message 11 of 41 (848 Views)

Re: Ipad/Iphone SMTP why deleting and recreating an account DOESN'T fix it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU @Ravenstar

I have been trying for three weeks to sort this issue.  At the moment my phone is my lifeline and I have two elderly relatives who need care.  One in hospital and one not weight bearing at home.  I cannot thank you enough - your post is so accurate and easy to follow.  You have taken a huge weight off my shoulders.  

Kind Regards

On our wavelength
Message 12 of 41 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Ravenstar68

My son has not been able to send email from his iPhone 6 for weeks.  We tried deleting and re-entering the account which made no difference, and since his email settings were the same as mine I could not understand why his would not work.  After reading your post the email problem on his phone was fixed in an instant.  Thank you so much.

Steve

Tuning in
Message 13 of 41 (775 Views)

I have this issue on ipad in that I cannot send emails. I tried deleting the password and re-entering it as suggested but it didn't work. Still won't send emails.

I've also noticed that when I try accessing the account using Outlook it wouldn't connect at all just asked for the username and password.

Anyone got any further suggestions ?

I've tried tech support but they were quite frankly hopeless.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 14 of 41 (737 Views)

Hi pete1961, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble sending emails. 

This will usually be down to a settings issue, do the settings match the ones found here

If they are all as they should be but you are continuing to have trouble let us know and we'll be able to take a further look into this for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 15 of 41 (643 Views)

I solved this by downloading "My Mail" app from the Apple App Store. It set itself up automatically in seconds and worked fine. I then Googled for a solution and got Apple's mail app working (can't remember what the solution was though!) but to be honest I have now stuck with My Mail as I find it much better anyway

Tuning in
Message 16 of 41 (581 Views)

Such a simple thing you have sorted out here to rectify the Apple problem that my wife has been having on her iPad for weeks. WELL DONE for the hard work you have put in coming up with the solution.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 17 of 41 (570 Views)

Doesn't work for me, now 8 weeks since I was able to send emails from phone for my Blueyonder account.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 18 of 41 (561 Views)

@SandyD

You've posted the same thing multiple times, but so far you've not given any additional information in ANY of the other threads, you've posted.  Which makes it very difficult for us to help you.

I'm going to ask some questions - while I know your issue is with the Ipad, I'm going to ask if you have access to a PC and have tried using an email client such as Thunderbird to send.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 19 of 41 (532 Views)

Hi

It's from my iphone.

I can receive but not send from my blueyonder account,  Icloud emailing is OK.

Yes, I've now tried Thunderbird on my PC but couldn't send email.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Sandy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 20 of 41 (527 Views)

SandyD wrote:

Hi

It's from my iphone.

I'm aware of this but the problem is that it's very difficult to nail down the error that's causing your issue on the Iphone, which is why we need to do some diagnostics on a PC, to rule out other account issues.

I can receive but not send from my blueyonder account,  Icloud emailing is OK.

Yes, I've now tried Thunderbird on my PC but couldn't send email.

This makes it look like there's an account based issue, but we need more info.  Have a look at my post here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Outgoing-Authentication-Issues-Check-Email-Logs/td-p/32371... in order to find out what error message you are getting.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Sandy

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos