Menu
Alimart128
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Invalid username when I click on forgotten password

i have a virgin media email account that I am able to access emails on my iPad and phones. I tried to log in from a different device and it said my password was wrong. I tried to reset but it said my user name was invalid it wasn't. I no longer have my package with virgin media but still use the email service. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid username when I click on forgotten password

Email is only available for 90 days after you cease to be a customer. Sometimes it continues for longer, especially when accessed via an email app.

You should take this as a warning that you will lose total access at some point. Set up a new email address and let your contacts know.
Alimart128
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. This was not made clear when we cancelled our virgin media tv package . I have had other emails for ages afterwards. I have a virgin media phone too. Please can virgin media confirm why I cannot continue to have access. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Alimart128 wrote:

Thanks. This was not made clear when we cancelled our virgin media tv package . I have had other emails for ages afterwards. I have a virgin media phone too. Please can virgin media confirm why I cannot continue to have access. 

From the help pages: 

Can I keep my Virgin Media Mail service when I disconnect from Virgin Broadband?

If you disconnect your Virgin Broadband service we provide access to your Virgin Media Mail account for 90 days after your service closes. This should provide sufficient time for you to save any contacts, emails and files you wish to keep. After this time your Virgin Media Mail account will be closed.

Disconnecting-my-Broadband-TV-and-Phone-services

A Forum Team member will be along to comment on this thread but it will be a few days wait.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alimart128,

I am sorry if the email situation wasn't mentioned to you at the time you ceased using our broadband service. As Graham has advised the email accounts should remain active for no longer than 90 days following disconnection of services. 

If less than 90 days have elapsed you should be able to use a client to access your emails, for a time, though webmail access will not be available to you.

This article on using your VM email address with a client should help. If you do require any further support with this please post an update on here.

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Alimart128
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I still have a virgin mobile plan can I not retain the email address 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alimart128,

That's not an option presently I'm sorry Smiley Sad  I was in the exact same position myself when I moved away from a cabled area. I lost my email address but I was lucky enough to get the same username with a free web-based mail provider. 
The best thing about that is that you get to keep it regardless of who provides your Internet so it's definitely the right thing to do. 

Sorry I can't be of more help but do let me know if you have any difficulties setting up an email client.

Jen
Forum Team