Menu
Bella88
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Im moving home and need to take my email for my virgin do i need to wait until my services are active ?

Can i set up my virgin with the same ine i am using at old adress and do i need to wait until new account is active first ?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Im moving home and need to take my email for my virgin do i need to wait until my services are active

You need to tell VM that when you move you want your old e-mail address transferred to what will be a new account set up for your new home. Do it now or wait until you move and do it very quickly afterwards. I'd prefer the first option or you'll have an interruption in your e-mail. . I've seen it in operation done this way and it works fine.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Im moving home and need to take my email for my virgin do i need to wait until my services are active

You need to tell VM that when you move you want your old e-mail address transferred to what will be a new account set up for your new home. Do it now or wait until you move and do it very quickly afterwards. I'd prefer the first option or you'll have an interruption in your e-mail. . I've seen it in operation done this way and it works fine.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.