Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
flump

I want to cancel my subscription with Virgin without further notice

Please arrange for somebody in your 'Customer Relations' department or 'Cancellations' or whatever you want to call it to contact me asap.  Am sick to death of Virgin lying to me.  Have waited in all day for an engineer only to find when I return home half an hour ago from an evening out with the wife, that your engineers find it fit to roll up at gone 7pm, harass my babysitter and start pulling cables about in the driveway.  Wouldn't be so bad if they'd actually done what they were supposed to do.  Am absolutely livid!

PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITHOUT DELAY.  DON'T CARE WHAT TIME IT IS!!

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Re: I want to cancel my subscription with Virgin without further notice

You will need to call technical support on 151 from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line and an agent will help you with this issue as it cannot be done via the forums due to the legal requirement to clear DPA.

No is going to call you back as this is a self help forum not a help desk.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
flump

If only you knew the day I have had regarding Virgin today.

I have spent no less than 4 hours on the telephone with Virgin today. I don't have a Virgin telephone and so am forced to pay extortionate rates from my mobile. Despite this, attempted to telephone them an hour ago only to be put into a queue for 20 minutes and then get conveniently cut off before getting to speak to a representitive.

In many forums I have visited, it is not unusual for the administrators or moderators to be able to arrange callbacks to resolve issues with gheir companies.
Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

[ Edited ]

flump wrote:
If only you knew the day I have had regarding Virgin today.

I have spent no less than 4 hours on the telephone with Virgin today. I don't have a Virgin telephone and so am forced to pay extortionate rates from my mobile. Despite this, attempted to telephone them an hour ago only to be put into a queue for 20 minutes and then get conveniently cut off before getting to speak to a representitive.

In many forums I have visited, it is not unusual for the administrators or moderators to be able to arrange callbacks to resolve issues with gheir companies.

Doubtful but you never know but it will still be quicker to wait until Monday morning 8am to call Customer Relations to cancel your account as they do not open until then so waiting here is not going to speed anything up whatsoever.

So follw the advice below because even if Mark Wilkin answers you they cannot do anything until Monday as that department is not open and nor will it be opened just for your complaint.

The people you need to speak to are on the number below.

You will need to speak to Customer Relations so call in on 150 from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line choose option 5 option 2 and an agent will advise you.

Plus ringing from a Virgin Media phone line is completely free and any arranged callback is going to be well after 8am on Monday call early get it sorted.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
flump

[ Edited ]
I dare say you are right with regards to waiting until Monday, but like I say, even to speak or communicate with a Virgin Rep to discuss the issue is better than not discussing it at all. I am absolutely disgusted by the way we have been treated over the past month and then to come home to find Virgin rolled up after hours, harrassed the sitter and damaged my property whilst I.wasn't there is unforgivable. I think my reaction is justified in this instance.

If a Virgin Rep would be kind enough to contact me, I'd appreciate if they could take up the issue on my behalf - even if it's to arrange a call back shortly after 8am on Monday morning instead of me having to pay a further £20 from my mobile - like I said, we don't have any telephone facility available to us. I don't think that is such an unreasonable request given Virgin don't provide a geographical telephone number that's included mobile phone tariffs.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

Go to the website saynoto0870 and type in VM's 0845 number and you may well find a cheaper number to call from your mobile.:smileywink:

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
flump

That's really helpful of you Graham. Thank you for your efforts.
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi flump,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are currently experiencing.

Can you please confirm if you have got in touch with ourselves via the route Graham_A provided?

If you aren't wanting to call in I would advise to fill in the complaints form and someone will contact you regarding this.

To find the complaints process please follow the "Contact Us" link from the bottom of the Virgin Media home page. And follow the links for "Fault with Broadband Service" and "I wish to make a Complaint"

This will lead you to the complaints address, there is also an online form if you would prefer to register your complaint electronically.

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.