Menu
laurence100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I,m not a robot:

So i am not a robot, I know that, the trouble is Virginmedia are not so sure, Well they better start to understand that i am not a robot when i sign in to my emails, or i will not be signing into my emails ever again on Virginmedia, it is going to be good-bye from me, that is after all those years of paying my bills on time, be warned Virginmedia, i have just had enough of this banner showing up when i try to sign in, It would not be so bad if there was a way to prove i am not a robot, but there is no way to do that.

Another thing that gets up my nose is when i can sign into my virginmedia account, and then sign out to sign into another account up pops the ''Prove your not a robot'', Yes it seems that i will be leaving Virginmedia, sad to say, but there you are, yes Virginmedia, 3 strikes and you are out!.

When sending this, there is a box at the bottom asking if i would like now by email if somebody replies!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: I,m not a robot:

Hi laurence100,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having signing in.

The extra sign in steps you've mentioned were implemented as a security measure for our website. My sincere apologies if this is causing you some frustration. The robot is triggered by a number of criteria. I would make sure you have the latest version of your browser installed and when you come to logging out at any time leave it a minute or so before logging back in.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
chrisloz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i agree with laurence 100.virgin media mail is now absolutely rubbish with this robot thing. many attempts to try and get to my email and i still get asked if im a robot. i am told on here to make sure my browser is up to date.... yes it is very much up to date and i do clear my cache.   Now what answers will we get from virgin media

along with the yearly price hikes i am now considering dumping them

laurence100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chrisloz

With the price of Virginmedia, that is top of the range!, Virginmedia would make sure their clients were well served, the thing with the, ''Prove your not a robot'' is that there no way you  can prove that you are not a robot on the same page, but not being given any option to do that, so can not use the email service for another 24 hours, or what ever time they give you to sign in to the email service, hoping that next time i try to sign in, i will be able to.

So the question is, where do i go to, or how do i prove, i am not a robot!!!

0 Kudos
laurence100
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stephen B, for your reply

What this all come down to is that Virginmedia puts up a pop up informing you that you have to prove you are not a robot, But gives you no means to actually prove that you are not a robot, and you are locked out of your emails for a certain period of time, and you are left with the hope that you can sign in to your emails the following day without being asked to prove you are not a robot again.

0 Kudos
planecrazy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@  

"The extra sign in steps you've mentioned were implemented as a security measure for our website. My sincere apologies if this is causing you some frustration. The robot is triggered by a number of criteria."

I wonder if you could tell us what the criteria is then.  It's all very "Heath Robinson".  I can sign in from web mail and not get any robot screen, just sign in with email address and password.  A couple of hours later on signing in I get the robot screen but just need to tick the box "I am not a robot".

Other times I get the sequence, to choose the "kayaks" in the pictures !!!!!!!!!! it's not very consistent, the whole system seems "jury rigged" to cobble up a working solution.  I've ended up signing in from this forum at the top heading and even this sometimes takes me to the Virgin web page at least twice before the email box pops up on the third attempt, with or without the robot extras!

Thank Christ your not anything to do with Air Traffic Control.

Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

I totally understand this particular security measure can be frustrating for you all. I'm afraid though we wont post the specific criteria for triggering this as it may potentially put the security measure at risk.

I've provided a link here to a previous thread where this captcha sign in was discussed. I've also provided this link here to a post from a forum member who discuss's the benefits of such a measure. If you're being prompted by this captcha page on a regular basis I would make sure you're using the latest version of your browser and that you've cleared the cache and cookies from it.

I would also like to recommend using an email client as this will bypass the need to login to your webmail account. I've provided a link here to our email help page should you chose to do this.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

I totally understand this particular security measure can be frustrating for you all. I'm afraid though we wont post the specific criteria for triggering this as it may potentially put the security measure at risk.

I've provided a link here to a previous thread where this captcha sign in was discussed. I've also provided this link here to a post from a forum member who discuss's the benefits of such a measure. If you're being prompted by this captcha page on a regular basis I would make sure you're using the latest version of your browser and that you've cleared the cache and cookies from it.

I would also like to recommend using an email client as this will bypass the need to login to your webmail account. I've provided a link here to our email help page should you chose to do this.

Many thanks

Yes, you could use an email client but how would you ever be able to access your VM account ?

0 Kudos
Robbie1
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly the sign in box for email changes with no warning, and the' I am not  robot' thing starts again. It is driving me mad! I have been a customer of Virgin media for years but I have had enough and will now change providers.

The email is also useless as emails can be deleted too easily without  intending to , why change ?????? why fix when it aint broke???????????????

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar post ongoing at the moment!!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/I-am-not-a-robot-AGAIN/m-p/3128234#M125...

Damn 'I am not a robot' pops up, every so often for a couple of days, then dissapears again, only to pop up again a day or two later.

Nothing different to cause it, same computer, same setup, yet...still it happens!!

VM don't seem to be interested, and certain other posters seem to think that VM are innocent!!

Staff don't seem to care, nobody from VM wants to offer any help at all, except to suggest 'using another webmail'....which is a fine advert for your own (rubbish) product!!

Awful service from VM right across the board, TV, Broadband, phone & mobile...

0 Kudos