Menu
Peter1952
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I-Mac not sending emails

The Mail application on my I-Mac is not sending emails while the web-based mail is fine.

The warning appears as follows-

Cannot send message using the server NTL World. The sender address removed @ntlworld.com was rejected by the server SMTP.VIRGINMEDIA.COM

The server response was Authentication required(VM401). Select a different outgoing mail server from NTL World

Account type

SMTP

IMAP

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I-Mac not sending emails

Hello Peter1952

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems sending from your IMAC. I have checked the mailbox and SMTP seems to be working okay. Error VM401 would suggest a possible configuration issue on the app. Please check all the SMTP settings, they may be found here Email Settings for all Virgin Media domains

Fingers crossed that does the trick.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

do you have the outgoing mail server set to use authtcation with the email address and password.

if not you will get this message
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you need help finding the SMTP server settings on the IMac have a look at this tutorial here

NOTE: - Don't delete the server - the video just does that as a demonstration instead make sure the following is set on the smtp.ntlworld.com server.

Use SSL - ticked
Authentication type - Password
Username and Password are the same ones you use for the incoming servers.

Ravenstar68

Edit - Incidentally are you getting this when sending from your home connection?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos