Menu
EileenD
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to delete an email account which was originally a username?

My husband's email account has been seriously spamming and we've taken the decision to close this account - but I cannot delete it - it was originally used as the main account holder username.

I have since changed the username, but still cannot gain access to delete this email account - I can see the other email accounts we have, but not his.  Please help! - Virgin don't have a specific numbered section on the phone to deal with this and I'm getting passed from pillar to post.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to delete an email account which was originally a username?

Can you not delete this account on your email client on your PC so as not to collect emails from this source?

If so what is the email client you're using?

0 Kudos
EileenD
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have already done that, but this doesn't solve the problem of the email account which continues to send spam emails out with my name attached. I want to close and delete this email account permanently.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stop fretting. You can't close this account because it is probably your primary account. You can stop using it and it will be rendered inactive by VM after about 150 days. However this won't stop the spam. all the spammers want is a plausible address. all that will happen is you won't see the bounce backs.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos