Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
jillee1
Helpful Answer

How to delete all 9000 emails in one go?

Hi I use outlook to read emails as quicker so never sign in to Virgin email but have a new phone which I am going to use but before I link the phone to my email account I want to clear all the emails. I know how to block 100 at a time but is there a way to delete every email in one go? It will take forever to delete the 9000 otherwise!! Thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

Re How to delete all 9000 emails in one go?

Log into your VW account via webmail, click on Inbox and then click in the box to select all emails as per the following screen shots. Then click on delete.

select all.PNGselect all2.PNG

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
rogosco

Re: Re How to delete all 9000 emails in one go?

Graham, first many thanks for coming to my aid so quickly!

<< click on Inbox to select all emails as per the following screen shots. Then click on delete >> .......... Unfortunately when I log on to web mail, am unable to find 'all emails' from Inbox.    I'm truly lost, I can't get 'all emails' to come up.     ????      Kind regards - Robert.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

[ Edited ]

rogosco wrote:

Graham, first many thanks for coming to my aid so quickly!

<< click on Inbox to select all emails as per the following screen shots. Then click on delete >> .......... Unfortunately when I log on to web mail, am unable to find 'all emails' from Inbox.    I'm truly lost, I can't get 'all emails' to come up.     ????      Kind regards - Robert.

I am referring to the tick box ringed in this screenshot:

all.PNG

If you don't have that option then you are probably in the 'basic' view of web mail.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and you should see a line that says Virgin Media Mail view like in the next picture.  Click on Standard and your screen should then change to one with the missing options.  Some older browsers cannot cope with the standard view.

standard view.PNG

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
BettyB

I'm in the same boat as Robert.. None of the solutions offered seem available to me. If I scroll to bottom of page I do not see virgin media mail or anything like it. 
I'd like to boil in oil whioever got rid of Outlook Express from W7. I find virgin mail a real pain.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

BettyB wrote:

I'm in the same boat as Robert.. None of the solutions offered seem available to me. If I scroll to bottom of page I do not see virgin media mail or anything like it. 
I'd like to boil in oil whioever got rid of Outlook Express from W7. I find virgin mail a real pain.

If you liked using Outlook Express then why not download and use the updated version which is called Windows Live Mail (search the Microsoft website).  You are not restricted to accessing your VM email through their basic webmail service.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
BettyB

Thank you for reply; I'll probably give it a try; having just had to change my computer after nine years it's all a bit of a struggle and I long for a few comfort zones.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi BettyB,

If you are struggling to setup your settings within the new windows mail we can always help if you give us a call on either 150 for free from your virgin landline or 0845 454 1111 (chargeable) from any other phone provider.

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gravicom

Hi,

This worked for me got rid of 10,000 mesages

Please use plain text.