Menu
Pip4
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to block unwanted emails

How do i block unwanted emails from coming through into my inbox. 

I know I can trash them but do not want spam in the first place.

Thank you

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to block unwanted emails

The following Virgin Media help article maybe of use What SPAM is and how to protect yourself from it however  it is conflicted, for example:

How to avoid spam

It is difficult for Internet service providers to block all spam, and while we filter suspected spam out of your Virgin Media Mail by default, you may still want to use dedicated mail filtering software as a further line of defence.

What if I have my own spam filtering software?

It will still work, but we are using state of the art technology to identify and filter out spam, so you may not need to pay for anti-spam software. Virgin Media's spam filtering should do the job for you. In the event that some spam does get through our filters, your own software will still work as normal.

Alternatively, find an email provider that is independent of your ISP and better suited to your needs.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to block unwanted emails

Pip4 wrote:

How do i block unwanted emails from coming through into my inbox. 

I know I can trash them but do not want spam in the first place.

Thank you

change to a service that has actual working spam filters - like gmail

Virgin seem incapable of programming their filters correctly - a year after setting up and bragging about their new " state of the art" platform filters; and because it's " free" they offer no compensation for it being crap. So stop using it.

and because it's " free" they offer no compensation for it being crap. So stop using it.

I think they use the same definitions of fact and truth as  Trump

" we are using state of the art technology to identify and filter out spam"- yeah, right - keep repeating the alternative facts until we believe you Smiley Happy