Menu
BrendaDixon
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I move emails from folders in Windows Live Mail to Virgin Media

I have a lot of emails in folders and need to move them.  I am trying to rationalise the situation by having only one place for emails to 'land'.  Thank you

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I move emails from folders in Windows Live Mail to Virgin Media

Needs to be done individually..
Open each email... select 'forward' and enter VM email adress..

once all done ... set up a 'rule' in WLive email to forward all emails tomWL inbox to VM inbox
.... ZVNK ...
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To clarify:
Need to send each one after entering VM address

"Rule" will forward all future emails to WL inbox to VM inbox ... ZVVNK ...
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BrendaDixon wrote:

I have a lot of emails in folders and need to move them.  I am trying to rationalise the situation by having only one place for emails to 'land'.  Thank you

You would be better off keeping to Windows Live Mail and avoid using Virgin Media Mail altogether.

Their email system currently has certain difficulties. Problems with logging on, issues with spam filtering, lousy search capabilities. On top of that Virgin Media Mail is provided as an "added value" service and as such there is no requirement for VM to fully support it.

It's better to use a non ISP provided email service to avoid losing your email address if/when you change provider.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Heed the warning given by Sololobo but should you still wish to proceed then…

In Windows Live Mail use IMAP to access the Virgin Media email account you wish to use as a “landing pad”  and then copy the emails across in batches; make sure your backups are up to date before starting.

0 Kudos
BrendaDixon
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice.  So. . . I keep Windows Live Mail.  How do I stop all the emails accumulating in VM?  I don't understand the phrase   "It's better to use a non ISP provided email service" in your reply i.e. the 'non ISP service' bit.  Sorry  - could you say it in non tech please Sololobo.  Many thanks everyone

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Using a non ISP provided email in this case means create a new email address provided by someone other than Virgin Media. Eg Google offer Gmail addresses, Microsoft offer outlook.com addresses. Others are available.