Menu
oldspottycat
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do I get rid of offensive sex messages?

I'm getting bombarded with fifty plus sex messages a day, each from a separate 'sender' ostensibly, flooding my 'junk mail' box.  Since I still check this for legit company offers and other stuff which gets in there by default but that I need, I don't want to have stuff automatically deleted. Is there a difference between 'junk' and 'spam'? And is there any way I can get this offensive, horrible stuff automatically diverted so I don't see it? Or is the only way to cancel my account?

Any help gratefully received.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I get rid of offensive sex messages?

hiya you could setup mail filters to block/sent to junk/trash folder log into your email account press cog symbol top right, choose email filter rules, -> add new rule then add the conditions contain certain key words you can add loads of rules, this should help filter out some of the rather naught emails
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I get rid of offensive sex messages?

hiya you could setup mail filters to block/sent to junk/trash folder log into your email account press cog symbol top right, choose email filter rules, -> add new rule then add the conditions contain certain key words you can add loads of rules, this should help filter out some of the rather naught emails
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution