Menu
gascar
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How can I mark incoming <SPAM> marked messages as NOT spam?

How can I mark incoming <SPAM> marked messages as NOT spam?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can I mark incoming <SPAM> marked messages as NOT spam?

Move them from the spam box to the in box normally sorts it
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They should not
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are referring to Virgin Media Mail then, in theory, that is how it should work. However, in practice the current spam identification system is very flaky so you are likely to need to keep marking false spam items as not spam either by clicking on the not spam button or moving them to the Inbox via an IMAP email client.

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

gascar wrote:
Thanks - I didn't know there WAS a NOT SPAM button. Got it now.
There's nothing in the Help files about it that I could find... Well done Virgin...

There may well be a NOT SPAM button within VM Webmail but I seriously doubt it will actually work.

In fact I seriously doubt anything within the current VM Webmail service is fit for purpose. 

VM have recently indicated that their email service is an "added value" service and as such is "not supported".This appears to conflict with their own Acceptable Use Policy.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy.html

3. Use of the services

3.1. You must not use our services in any way that is unlawful or illegal or in any way to the detriment of other Internet users. You also must not allow anybody using your connection to use our services in any way that is unlawful or illegal or in any way to the detriment of other Internet users.

3.2. In addition to and without prejudice to your obligations pursuant to our terms and conditions, you agree to comply with (and ensure that others using the services comply with) all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in connection with the services. As the User of record, you are liable for all use of all accounts in your name, irrespective of use without your knowledge and/or consent.

3.3. You are required to keep your contact details provided to Virgin Media up to date. Keeping such records up to date is important as we may need to send notices or other information to you using the contact information you gave us.

3.4. Users are expected and required to review email messages in their primary Virgin Media mailbox provided as part of the services or the preferred email address registered with Virgin Media on a regular basis. This is to enable us to advise you of any significant issues that may affect your use of the services. We recommend that you check your primary Virgin Media mailbox or preferred email address at least every 3 days. We normally notify customers of AUP-related issues prior to suspension/disconnection of services and it is important that you read these emails.

3.4.1. It is a users responsibility to ensure the primary Virgin Media mailbox remains active and therefore capable of receiving emails or to provide Virgin Media with an alternative preferred email address that can be accessed on a regular basis. 

The fact is VM are providing an email service which is not fit for purpose, and they know it. They are now implying it's a "value added service" which they don't have to support. However in their T's & C's (under the Acceptable Use Policy) they state that their email services are provided as part of the service and must be available to accept emails every 3 days.

To best option is to create and use an ISP independent email address and ignore the totally inadequate offering provided by VM.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Move them from the spam box to the in box normally sorts it
0 Kudos
gascar
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying future emails from the same source will not go to the spam box?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They should not
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are referring to Virgin Media Mail then, in theory, that is how it should work. However, in practice the current spam identification system is very flaky so you are likely to need to keep marking false spam items as not spam either by clicking on the not spam button or moving them to the Inbox via an IMAP email client.

gascar
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There's nothing in the Help files about it that I could find... Well done Virgin...
0 Kudos
gascar
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I see VM have now marked this thread as "solved" - whther it actually works or not!
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

gascar wrote:

There may well be a NOT SPAM button within VM Webmail but I seriously doubt it will actually work.

In fact I seriously doubt anything within the current VM Webmail service is fit for purpose. 

VM have recently indicated that their email service is an "added value" service and as such is "not supported".This appears to conflict with their own Acceptable Use Policy.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy.html

3. Use of the services

3.1. You must not use our services in any way that is unlawful or illegal or in any way to the detriment of other Internet users. You also must not allow anybody using your connection to use our services in any way that is unlawful or illegal or in any way to the detriment of other Internet users.

3.2. In addition to and without prejudice to your obligations pursuant to our terms and conditions, you agree to comply with (and ensure that others using the services comply with) all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in connection with the services. As the User of record, you are liable for all use of all accounts in your name, irrespective of use without your knowledge and/or consent.

3.3. You are required to keep your contact details provided to Virgin Media up to date. Keeping such records up to date is important as we may need to send notices or other information to you using the contact information you gave us.

3.4. Users are expected and required to review email messages in their primary Virgin Media mailbox provided as part of the services or the preferred email address registered with Virgin Media on a regular basis. This is to enable us to advise you of any significant issues that may affect your use of the services. We recommend that you check your primary Virgin Media mailbox or preferred email address at least every 3 days. We normally notify customers of AUP-related issues prior to suspension/disconnection of services and it is important that you read these emails.

3.4.1. It is a users responsibility to ensure the primary Virgin Media mailbox remains active and therefore capable of receiving emails or to provide Virgin Media with an alternative preferred email address that can be accessed on a regular basis. 

The fact is VM are providing an email service which is not fit for purpose, and they know it. They are now implying it's a "value added service" which they don't have to support. However in their T's & C's (under the Acceptable Use Policy) they state that their email services are provided as part of the service and must be available to accept emails every 3 days.

To best option is to create and use an ISP independent email address and ignore the totally inadequate offering provided by VM.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
gascar
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've found Virgin's entire service to be pretty awful.

Their treatment of the importance of emails is not acceptable so we're extricating ourselves from their execrable attitude and service. They told me that email isn't an extra payment so they don't have to provide it. I asked whether a phone company has to allow a person to receive phone calls, which is not a paid service. No answer.

Broadband's intermittent, a tiny fraction of the speed they claim, when it does work. The phone's a joke, it has never worked. They put the price up for no reason. They repeatedly lie about things not working.

Unfortunately it will take a  lot of effort to shift emails, which is why we've reluctantly carried on paying.

I suppose it'll have to be BT and Google, not that they're free of nonsense.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

gascar wrote:
I see VM have now marked this thread as "solved" - whther it actually works or not!

VM didn't mark this thread as 'solved' - you did by clicking the helpful answer button.