Menu
Mbrann
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hotmail non delivery

Hi. When I've emailed a friend on their hotmail.com account I get a non delivery message from hotmail hat says the following:

The remote mail system said;
550Smiley FrustratedC-001 (BAY004-MC1F52) Unfortunately, messages from 81.104.62.43 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

Virgin don't have a clue. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers.

Mark

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hotmail non delivery

I think we may have an idea. Just clarify for me that you are sending from a VM address using the VM network and you are authenticating your sends with a current and working VM e-mail address. If not tell us what you are doing. IS your ISP VM?

Can you look please at the returned e-mail and tell us what IP address was used for the send - X-Originating IP is the line we want. Don't worry about the rest.

And may my guide @ravenstar68 tell me I have got this right!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hotmail non delivery

Mbrann wrote:
Hi. When I've emailed a friend on their hotmail.com account I get a non delivery message from hotmail hat says the following:

The remote mail system said;
550Smiley FrustratedC-001 (BAY004-MC1F52) Unfortunately, messages from 81.104.62.43 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

Virgin don't have a clue. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers.

Mark

I take it you spoke to first line support - they don't have a clue about anything. Smiley Sad

Howards correct in the information he asked for.  Essentially your outbound mail is falling foul of Virgin's outbound email gateway, which is used to filter mail based on whether it believes it to be spam or not.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.