Menu
just_ask
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help with exporting email folders please

Hi, I have looked at all the solutions in the VM Community, but none of the ones I have found have given a full picture.

I need to be able to transfer ALL my VM emails to a new gmail or outlook account.

So far Ive been able to send my active emails and old Inbox emails to my gmail account, but the VM folders have NOT been transfered.

Can somebody please give me some advice of how best to process this request

Thanks in advance.

just_ask

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with exporting email folders please

Hi just_ask,

Welcome and thanks for posting here with us.

Apologies but I'm a little confused as to exactly what you're trying to accomplish. 

If you're using an email client you can setup each email account (Gmail, Virgin, hotmail) in this program and access them all from there.

Are you trying to setup Virgin mail on Gmail by logging into Gmail via a web browser?

You could setup forwarding via Virgin webmail to your gmail account which would mean any email sent to your virgin mail box would be automatically forwarded to the Gmail address. Our help page Forwarding messages in Virgin Media Mail will assist with setting this up.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
just_ask
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen_B,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have already left Virgin Media(VM), so the clock is ticking before my email address gets deleted.

I have already managed to transfer ALL my Inbox emails to my new Gmail/Outlook accounts, but I can not as yet transfer any of my created folders to those new accounts. I will also need to transfer ALL my sent mail to these new accounts

As I wont be the last customer to leave VM, there must be a way to do this either by the customer or VM themselves

As you can see, it's not just a case of sharing the emails, it's important that they are fully transfered before the above deadline.

Can you please give some advice how best to do this, your help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Butlerc9
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rewards@virginmedia.co.uk This is there address showing . It's looks like the emails I get from vm but still no sky sports .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To download all emails in all folders you will need to set up the account to access via IMAP using an email client.  Once established you will need to move all the emails you want to keep to offline storage.  If you need further help to achieve this then a search via your favourite search engine should give guidance.