Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
RealAle

Having problems sending and forwarding photos

[ Edited ]

For the past month I have been having problems sending or forwarding photos via my e-mail. Before that I had no problems at all.

My e-mail is Windows Live Mail. Version 2011 build15.4 3052.0922 My Operating system is windows 7 Home Premium

The error is

This message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts.

Subject 'testing'

Server Error: 552

Server Response: 552 Message size exceeds maximum permitted

Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6D

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No

I get this message regardless of how many photos I want to send one or seven.

I have contacted Virgin Media telephone help centre and they were at a loss as to why this should happen.

I was able to send e-mails with photos from my email account on their web site.

I tried cutting the photos down in size with no effect.

I was able to send via Photo e-mail but the recipient (my wife's laptop - her e-mail account is Microsoft Outlook and Windows Vista Home Premium ) was unable to copy and paste or download. The download button lights up blue when clicked but did nothing else.

The only new software on my computer is PC Health Advisor. I have not tried un- installing that as I also put it on the laptop and everything is working normally.

I am have been advised to look under the Tools section in windows live mail, but the word is not accessible and the only items within the box are, Send/Receive and Work Off Line.

I have always used the email system that came with the operating system so know very little about the workings of others. Is there a better system which allows me to use my email address @blueyonder.co.uk and not have to include words like hotmail or yahoo in the address?

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

MODEDIT: Removed personal information

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: Having problems sending and forwarding photos

you could always try a different server:

smtp.virginmedia.com

port 465

SSL on

my outgoing server (smtp) requires authentication [ticked]

(use full email address and password as authentication credentials)

Making Waves
RealAle

Hi slated. Thank you for responding.

I thought it was something worth trying. As I was not sure how to go about it I contacted Virgins telephone help who advised that it would make no difference as their system does not support Windows Live Mail. They did give me a telephone number to contact with regard to problems within Live Mail. Before I rang them on an 0800 number I had another go at sending photos and low and behold it started working after all this time. I do not know why or what I have done differently to make it work. I will try it out again tomorrow to see if it continues to work. I got up to sending five photos without trouble.

Once again thank you for your response.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

RealAle wrote:

Hi slated. Thank you for responding.

I thought it was something worth trying. As I was not sure how to go about it I contacted Virgins telephone help who advised that it would make no difference as their system does not support Windows Live Mail. They did give me a telephone number to contact with regard to problems within Live Mail. Before I rang them on an 0800 number I had another go at sending photos and low and behold it started working after all this time. I do not know why or what I have done differently to make it work. I will try it out again tomorrow to see if it continues to work. I got up to sending five photos without trouble.

Once again thank you for your response.

once again they show that they don't even know which way is up. Next time you get fobbed off, refer them to this page.

Making Waves
RealAle

Thanks and I will

Regards Mick

Please use plain text.