Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
rammypoos

Google Apps - Server Error - Again

I have seen several posts on here about the error above when trying to log into virgin mail.

My context is:

Have just pruchased a new laptop - Dell - running Windows 7. 

Using either Chrome build 11.0.696.65  or IE 8

I have tried 3 seperate virgin email addresses.

Enter login and password

Goes to the splash screen - then quickly comes up with the error above.

I can login to any of these same email addresses on other machines

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Graeme_H

Re: Google Apps - Server Error - Again

Hi Rammypoos,

I have flagged this for one of our Virgin.net colleagues to deal with.

Regards,

Graeme Halvorsen
Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mathew_W

Hello rammypoos,

Have you tried clearing the cookies and cache files on your browser? try logging back in. If that fails then I can only suggest there is somthing on the PC/laptop that is still causing this. As from what you said its only happeningon the one machine.

Kind Regards,

Mathew_W
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rammypoos

Matthew

Yes have cleared cache/cookies - no difference.

So yes maybe something on the laptop - brand new Dell with Windows 7.  Does Virgin/Goole mail not support Windows 7 then ???

I would hope you can do better than that please

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Ian_H

Hi  rammypoos

I have  checked you account details   and I have successfully logged in to the  Virgin mail via  

www.virginmedia.com/myvm   with the main email address on your account.  I cannot try the other email addresses on this account as I cannot see the passwords .(please do not post them here ) but can you retry  the main email address via the MYVM page link for yourself.

Regards,

Ian
Help & Support forum team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
fithawk1

I have the same problem using Firefox on OS Vista and Win 7. Contacted Virgin several times and the only work around offered is to use IE. Not very helpfull of them.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rammypoos

Ian

Yes that has worked by going via www.virginmedia.com/myvm   

So I wonder what the difference is between this route in and going directly in from the virgin website ?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
wigggles

I have the same problem. I have a main @ntlworld email but when I created new emails they are @virginmedia and I get the error message I have had this problem for months now. is there anyone at Virgin doing anything about it?  

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

[ Edited ]

Hi wigggles,

I have sent you a PM regarding your issue.

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

This might not always be the cause, but it is repeatable. And to prove it, here is one I made earlier :smileyvery-happy:

Capture.JPG

To make one yourself follow these simple instructions

1) choose any one of the following

2) then try to log into an email address having a different @domain

Works every time, and since the 4 different email sign in pages all look identical it is a very easy trick to play on yourself. All you need is for your browser to default to the 'wrong' domain, and voila.

So if I open the page https://mail.blueyonder.co.uk, but try to log into myaddress@virginmedia.com, then I will get the Google Apps error page. If I leave that page open and try (in a new tab) to open the https://mail.blueyonder.co.uk again, then it diverts directly to the error page again, wihout presenting the sign-on page.

However, (and so long as that original error page is still there), if I now open https://mail.virginmedia.com I will go straight to the webamail screen for myaddress@virginmedia.com, the address I unsuccessfully tried to log into from the wrong @domain sign in page.

So always sign out of the Google Apps error page, since it may actually have opened your webmail, but is just being awkward because of mixed up email domains. Possibly.