Menu
phqfh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

GoDaddy problems

Hi Community.

Has anyone had any success registering with GoDaddy?

I have attempted a few times using my "unique code" I get to the point where I get my new domain name reserved then onto next page complete my address etc then submit and it keeps coming back saying sorry but their was an error.

I phoned their tech support and one of the guys attempted to register me but he had the same problem. I was on the phone for nearly an hour so I gave the guy my contact details including email address but not had any more contact from GoDaddy.

I have tried again this morning but same issue.

Best regards

phqfh (Paul)

Helpful Answers
tellboy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: GoDaddy problems

The other thread named website is closing down is full of horror stories about this offer.

All Replies
tellboy
Dialled in
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thank goodness for your message as I have had the same thing all day and been battling with the godaddy chat line who say the code is too long to fit in their promo code box so you have to do it through the VM link which keeps directing me back to the Select a Domain name page. I have wasted hours messing around after GoDaddy created the account but were unable to put in the VM Free Domain or Web Builder. The domain name was in my shopping basket but just locked up then kicked me back to the Welcome to GoDaddy screen.

I think it must be a system problem but the chat line said everything was working correctly on their site and they wanted to sell me upgrades already ....I have given in for a few days.

tellboy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to say that at one stage I got a message saying " Your Promotion Code has been used"  although clearly it has not delivered what was promised. Also,the domain name I picked was recorded as no longer available even though registration of that did not complete.

What a procedure amd I am fairly computer savvy I think

tellboy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The other thread named website is closing down is full of horror stories about this offer.

tellboy
Dialled in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Speaking to the GoDaddy Chatline was like the film Space Oddyessy 2001. 

Like the HAL onboard computer on the spaceship. I said " are you sure you are not having system problems at the moment"

Repy was " No there are no problems..I am 100% sure of that "

tellboy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

phqfh wrote:

Hi Community.

Has anyone had any success registering with GoDaddy?

Still the same problem today cant register on the VM PromoCode after going through all the form filling. I wonder if it is the Domain name I picked. The Trouble is I don't want to try a different one because you can bet it would work that time.

Tags (1)
tellboy
Dialled in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Tried a different Domain name, different everything on the form but it still throws you back to the start with this error message

We apologize for this inconvenience, but an error has been detected.

phqfh
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi telboy.
Thanks for your input, I found the other thread just after posting here, as you say lots of horror stories there Smiley Sad
I like your reference to "HAL" lol.
One of the post points out that they were required to open a account with GoDaddy and give credit card deatails before they could register completely.
Whilst I was on the phone with their tech guy I opened an account but was told no need to give credit card details but alas he could not complete the process, After much research I have decided not to bother with GoDaddy, I have just registered with Hostinger( which was also mentioned in the other post) for a free account, it looks like it might suite my needs just need to wait for the process might take 48 hours but probably less.
I have a month to see if it's ok, if not I will probably go with one.com, I set a friend up with them just over 12 month ago he has had no problems. Although they say the first 12 month is free they do charge a small setup fee just over £10 I think it was then after 12 month about £23 which is considerably cheaper than GoDaddy.
Best regards
Paul
0 Kudos
tellboy
Dialled in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

On advice from the other thread I did as suggested with Hostinger free account. It seems fine to me now I understand it and the domain is a .esy.es address so you are getting a free sub domain on that when you pick your name. If you need talking through it let me know. Meanwhile get your site running locally on your PC , download the excellent free FileZilla and most important of all note down all the details that Hostinger show on the screen such as  passwords, ftp addresses and port 21.

let me know if you need any help.

0 Kudos
tellboy
Dialled in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Finally the problem is resolved or rather explained by a switched on Chat Line Agent who said reason you can't is because someone else owns the .co.uk.

i was trying to register myname.uk so why does it say it is available then put it in the basket and make you go through all the registration process before finally crashing with the stupid error message. This is a major problem with the GoDaddy system I would say why declare it available in the first place .Hope this helps someone else as this has taken hours to find out the reason.