Menu
cheltman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Getting emails in Spain

I am trying to access my Virgin emails in Spain on my Blueyonder email address, on a PC via Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

All attempts at sending and receiving emails fail (double checked passwords)

Are there different settings to use in Spain?

My iPad seems to work  - most of the time!

Has anybody had similar probs - and solved them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting emails in Spain

If you really want to go down this road then you must make sure that your outgoing mail SMTP settings are port 465 with SSL and authentication on. Incoming must be port 995 (POP) or 993 (IMAP) with SSL on. But such connections will be identified by the VM system as coming from a non-Virgin ISP and will be severely limited as a spam prevention measure.

What always works is using web mail. Do that. I always do.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
cheltman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting emails in Spain

Thank you Howard for your reply, I agree  - using web mail always works - but it would be nice to get emails from all my accounts in one fell swoop!

I tried changing the settings in accordance with your recommendations but so far no luck!

I tried test messages in both directions using my blueyonder account and my trusty msn account. The attempts were logged as 'failed' the error message said 'unable to send or receive messages from the blueyonder account.  Possible causes include sever problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity'

The email attempt from blueyonder stated 'message could not be sent because the server rejected the senders email address ..........@blueyonder.co.uk'

Never mind - Maybe its just Spain!

0 Kudos