Menu
Steveab
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Genuine important emails from our domain to our customers are bing marked as spam

we are receiving a bounce back from our emails sent to our customers mostly on the blueyonder domain. The emails will be notifications about holidays they have booked through us that will be very important to them

we receive the following reason in the bounce message.

Spam content found

The messages that are bouncing are emails sent individually by our customer service team, not bulk messages or marketing spam. 

our email setup should be 100% correct, things like keeping all SPF records up to date etc.

I was hoping to be able to work with your team to try to resolve why our messages are being targeted as spam as we would hate for customers to arrive at incorrect times for flights or to miss important messages about their holiday, because the messages are in the spam folder. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Genuine important emails from our domain to our customers are bing marked as spam

Hi Steveab,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy 

Apologies to hear you've having an issue with emails bouncing back with the 'Spam content found' error message.  

Your best bet is to have a look here: Spam Content Found

Read the steps outlined and make any changes if you need to. 

If you are still having the same issue then, come back and let us know here and we can investigate this further 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Steveab
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Genuine important emails from our domain to our customers are bing marked as spam

while i will look through that document, the document is for bulk mail senders, but the emails we are sending are not bulk mail senders, but individual messages sent from one member of staff to one member of the public. discussing their particular holiday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steveab, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble. 

Are you receiving a bounce back message for the emails that are no going through? 

If so pop the a couple of headers across to me via PM and I will take a further look at this for you. 

It would also help to confirm if the following is enabled and if it isn't why this is the case:

• Uses a consistent IP address to send bulk mail.
  • Has a valid reverse DNS record for the IP address(es) from which you send mail, pointing to your domain.
  • Uses the same address in the 'From:' header on every bulk mail you send
  • Has a valid SPF record
  • Signs with DKIM or Domain Keys

Many thanks

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Steveab
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi emma, ill try to get some headers across to you

however

its not bulk mail, but we do have the same IP addresses used -Uses a consistent IP address to send bulk mail.
this is also true -Has a valid reverse DNS record for the IP address(es) from which you send mail, pointing to your domain.
this should be true - Uses the same address in the 'From:' header on every bulk mail you send
our SPF is valid - Has a valid SPF record
We sign mail with DKIM - Signs with DKIM or Domain Keys

thanks
0 Kudos