Menu
Keith56
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Genuine emails being marked as SPAM

I am getting more and more genuine emails sent into my SPAM folder, I have added the email addresses into my contacts, as suggested, but still more and more emails that are obviously genuine are being classed as SPAM. I only have the standard SPAM filter on and this used to work good but now it is not, can you advise?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Genuine emails being marked as SPAM

Hi Keith56, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being marked as Spam which are not Spam. 

The email filters are still learning and may take a little bit of time to recognise the differences. 

For the moment try to create a new filter to prevent this from happening in future:

• Go to the white cog on the top right of the screen.
  • Select settings
  • On the left hand side of the screen you should be able to see 'E-mail Filter Rules'. Select this.
  • Select 'Add new rule' and create a name for the rule for example'Virgin Media Emails'
  • Add a condition for example 'Sender/From'
  • Then add an action for example 'Move to Folder'  and in this case you would select 'Inbox'. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emma_E wrote:

The email filters are still learning and may take a little bit of time to recognise the differences. 

Good grief, how long are Virgin going to keep trotting out this 'still learning' line?!!

This email system has been spluttering along now for a year - and you are telling us that your email spam filters are still learning. How about the staff who run the system within Virgin Media, are they 'still learning' how to run an acceptable email service!

sloanscot
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is ages since Virgin moved from the old service and I (and presumably everyone else) is getting masses of genuine emails put into spam.  Surely Virgin could white list such names as Amazon, Accor, Paypal, ATG, Ryanair, DFDS, Ebuyer, Ticket Factory, PandO - and that is just a short sample from the last few days of emails in my spam.  Dozens of others from respectable smaller, but still household names, businesses in there as well.

Looking forward to seeing a positive response from Virgin.  

I have marked some of these as "not spam" online but that seems to make no difference.   dont know if putting the sending address into my online address book would help but even if it does I dont see why I should have to do that for major names.  Anyway they probably change the sending addresses every so often.

As always with these things it seems impossible to contact or speak to anyone who has any authority in Virgin to explain/advise/sort the problem.

0 Kudos
sloanscot
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin even read these posts - no response what so ever!
0 Kudos