Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
ls99

Forwarding to Virgin Mail from Hotmail

I have a MS Hotmail account that allows forwarding.  It would forward mails to my BT mail account but will not forward to my Virgin Media e-mail address - any ideas why?

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Mike_J

Re: Forwarding to Virgin Mail from Hotmail

Hi Is99,

Do you get any sort of error message or mail bouncing back to the Hotmail account? Have you checked to make sure the messages aren't going into the spam mail folder in the VM Webmail?

Regards,

Mike Jones

Help & Support Forum Team

_____  

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ls99

No error message and nothing in the Spam box.  If I send a message from MS Hotmail to my Virgin mail address it arrives fine.

Have just done following experiment

1. If I send an e-mail from a BT address to Hotmail it forwards it to my Virgin address.

2. If I send an e-mail from my Virgin mail address via Outlook Express it does NOT forward to Virgin

3. If I send an e-mail from my Virgin mail address from Virgin mail online then it DOES forward

???????????????

4. If I send an e-mail from my husband's Virgin address in OE then the Hotmail does forward it to my Virgin account.

All in all it seems if anyone but me sends me a mail then I receive it - so not a big problem just intriguing !

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi Is99,

This sound very much like the 'undocumented feature' in Outlook whereby, if your email address is included as a recipient in an email sent using 'Reply to all', you don't receive a copy. I don't know of a fix for this but perhaps other Forum members do.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ls99

John_Hag wrote:

Hi Is99,

This sound very much like the 'undocumented feature' in Outlook whereby, if your email address is included as a recipient in an email sent using 'Reply to all', you don't receive a copy. I don't know of a fix for this but perhaps other Forum members do.

Hi John,

Yes quess it must get 'tagged' in some way by OE and then Hotmail doesn't 'see' the forwarding address and hence does not forward it.  I will try looking through the properties of the mail when it is sitting on the Hotmail server.  As I said not big problem but another interesting MS background help to users ;-)

Please use plain text.