Menu
Steven_H
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forgotten password for POP3.ntlworld.com server

Hi - I hope someone may be able to help.  Im trying to upgrade both mine and my partners email accounts from Outlook explorer6 to Outlook 2010.

Mine worked fine, following the 'wizard' set up instructions.  All my settings transfered and I can send and receive emails fine.

However my partners hit problems when she was asked for a password relating to the server POP3.ntlworld.com

Weve no idea what this password is and am looking for advise as to how we can change it ?  It may well have been the original password used when we first got the computer and set up the email account, but this was 12 years ago.

Any ideas ?????

Steven

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Forgotten password for POP3.ntlworld.com server

Read this:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The password for use on your e-mail client is EXACTLY the same one as the password used to access VM mail through web mail. I understood and answered your question correctly.

The problem may be that the passwords have got out of sync or something else has happened, like your settings being incorrect. But if you want to re-establish an Outlook password you now have the means to set up a new password which should work.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Read this:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Steven_H
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML - but this isnt the answer to my issue (I dont think anyway ???) - I'ts not an issue with the email service via the virgin media website, its to do with using microsoft outlook on my PC for viewing / sending & receiving emails.

any other ideas ?? I dont think the password for accessing emails through virgin media is the same as the one required to access Outlook - weve tried various passwords including the VM one without success.

Cheers

Steven

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The password for use on your e-mail client is EXACTLY the same one as the password used to access VM mail through web mail. I understood and answered your question correctly.

The problem may be that the passwords have got out of sync or something else has happened, like your settings being incorrect. But if you want to re-establish an Outlook password you now have the means to set up a new password which should work.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Steven_H
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HowardML - thanks for your help and advice.  There seems to have been some sort of issues with the passwords, as you mentioned.  I got to the point where my partners account could send emails but incoming ones werent showing.  I therefore followed your advice and changed the VM password to a new one, then went to account settings in Outlook 2010, clicked on the repair button, which allowed me to change the password to the new one and bingo, all now appears to be working fine.

Thanks a bunch for your help, much appreciated

Steven

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delighted it has worked for you. Appreciate your comments too.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos