Menu
marshman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Finding out how much email storage has been used

Referring to the topic 'Email storage limit in the new mail system', I ascertained that the email storage limit is 20GB. I wanted to know whether there had been any development in providing a way of finding out how much storage of the 20GB limit has been used?

Can anyone advise?

Michael

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Finding out how much email storage has been used

marshman wrote:

Referring to the topic 'Email storage limit in the new mail system', I ascertained that the email storage limit is 20GB. I wanted to know whether there had been any development in providing a way of finding out how much storage of the 20GB limit has been used?

Can anyone advise?

It's more about 26GB if I am converting the KB value right:

KB.png

It currently isn't possible to see that info through the webmail. In the image above that was the storage space max value my email client (Outlook 2007) reported to me about each of my VM emails. 

If use an email client: ask Google something like "MyEmailClientName+version check email storage space" (for example: "Outlook 2007 check email storage space") you should find a guide telling you how to do see that info.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

marshman wrote:

Can anyone advise?

It's more about 26GB if I am converting the KB value right:

KB.png

It currently isn't possible to see that info through the webmail. In the image above that was the storage space max value my email client (Outlook 2007) reported to me about each of my VM emails. 

If use an email client: ask Google something like "MyEmailClientName+version check email storage space" (for example: "Outlook 2007 check email storage space") you should find a guide telling you how to do see that info.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shelke,

• 1024 bytes = 1 KB
  • 1024 KB = 1 MB
  • 1024 MB = 1 KB

Usually....

Sadly the impression now is that

• 1000 bytes = 1 KB
  • 1000 KB = 1 MB
  • 1000 MB = 1 KB

Do you know how VM do their calculations on storage, the first table (correct) or the second (incorrect)?

It makes a difference.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the loveliness of  the case sensitivity in tech calculation Cat LOL

I don't know @Sololobo, 26.2GB does work out right though. When I tried asking Google to see how it converted the value, I got values of like 0.3MB etc which are clearly wrong.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
ChrisNoble
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if this is helpful to you or anyone else, but MacOS Mail displays the quota limits and amount left - 

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 16.09.27.png

Right-click on the mailbox and choose 'Get Account Info'. Note it says that the capacity is a little over 26GB.

0 Kudos