Menu
WhizziMama
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Errors sending emails from ntlworld address

R

ight so, when I send an email to ntlworld.com email addresses from my work email address I get this

"From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@rly11d.srv.mailcontrol.com>

********************************************** ** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY ** ** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE ** ********************************************** The original message was received at Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:00:59 +0100 from [80.79.209.59] ----- Transcript of session follows ----- <########@ntlworld.com... Deferred Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 1 week old"

And the email never gets through but I never get a message to say that it hasn't.

When I send emails from my on line (web account) but through my mobile OR from my pop.server I get this

"-------- Original message --------

Date:17/07/2016 21:34 (GMT+00:00)

To: xxxxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com

Subject: Delivery Status Notification

This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-6-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Re: DSAC 30 July", could not be delivered to xxxxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com. The remote mail system said; 554:5.2.0 Kwah1t0021XtpPU01wahMV Spam content found

The original message is attached."

This was actually a simple message which I can assure you had not spam content what-so-ever.

I am an officer of a club which has a number of ntlworld.com users and I get the same thing back from their account and sometimes the message gets through and sometimes I have to re-send them until they do finally get through - asking for receipt each time (which most people find most annoying). Other people trying to send emails to me with attachments are getting them bouncing back.

I contacted Virgin Media with this question two weeks ago; directly - not through the forum and have received no reply at all.

I cannot continue to have this happen and am thinking of moving my account to another provider as Virgin don't seem to be interested in fixing this issue at all.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Errors sending emails from ntlworld address

Given the large number of cases of people who are trying to send legitimate email to Virgin Media accounts who have not received adequate responses to this problem over many months, a sample of which you can see here,

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

I'm confident that you'll have a better time if you don't hesitate and immediately open a non-Virgin Media account!   For example, these issues are not occurring in Google accounts.

-Wrock.

All Replies
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Given the large number of cases of people who are trying to send legitimate email to Virgin Media accounts who have not received adequate responses to this problem over many months, a sample of which you can see here,

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

I'm confident that you'll have a better time if you don't hesitate and immediately open a non-Virgin Media account!   For example, these issues are not occurring in Google accounts.

-Wrock.

WhizziMama
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well despite being told off by another community user for tagging this on to the end of another thread, it seems to have got some notice by some people but it looks as though it was never going to get any response from Virgin - where ever I posted it.

Doesn't look hopeful when it's been going on for so long and no-one has had any help/response back from Virgin themselves.

Will post as a separate thread (to keep other users happy...) and then if nothing happens give up and go elsewhere.
0 Kudos
WhizziMama
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Legitimate emails bounced as spam

Right so, when I send an email to an ntlworld.com email addresses from my work email address I get this

"From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@rly11d.srv.mailcontrol.com>

********************************************** ** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY ** ** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE ** ********************************************** The original message was received at Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:00:59 +0100 from [80.79.209.59] ----- Transcript of session follows ----- <########@ntlworld.com... Deferred Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 1 week old"

And the email never gets through but I never get a message to say that it hasn't.

When I send emails from my on line (web account) but through my mobile OR from my pop.server I get this

"-------- Original message --------

Date:17/07/2016 21:34 (GMT+00:00)

To: xxxxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com

Subject: Delivery Status Notification

This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-6-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Re: xxxx 30 July", could not be delivered to xxxxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com. The remote mail system said; 554:5.2.0 Kwah1t0021XtpPU01wahMV Spam content found

The original message is attached."

This was actually a simple message which I can assure you had not spam content what-so-ever.

I am an officer of a club which has a number of ntlworld.com users and I get the same thing back from their account and sometimes the message gets through and sometimes I have to re-send them until they do finally get through - asking for receipt each time (which most people find most annoying). Other people trying to send emails to me with attachments are getting them bouncing back.

I contacted Virgin Media with this question two weeks ago; directly - not through the forum and have received no reply at all.

I cannot continue to have this happen and am thinking of moving my account to another provider as Virgin don't seem to be interested in fixing this issue at all.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Legitimate emails bounced as spam

Hi WhizziMama,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy 

Apologies to hear you've having an issue with emails bouncing back with the 'Spam content found' error message.  

Your best bet is to have a look here: Spam Content Found

Read the steps outlined and make any changes if you need to. 

If you are still having the same issue then, come back and let us know here and we can investigate this further 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos