Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
bigtel1966

Error message "Server error: '453 Too Many Recipients (VM502)"

I'm only sending one email at a time from  Outlook but I'm now receiving this message every time I try to send an email.

I've never before today received this error and thats a lot of emails over a lot of years!

Why?

How do I resolve this issue?

I'm on cable modem.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bigtel1966

Re: Error message "Server error: '453 Too Many Recipients (VM502)"

Now seems to have got better on its own ................................... bizzare!!

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
DMBROOME

i cannot beleive virginmedia has changed thier contractual obligation to thier customer without notification....this is breach of contract as they are still accepting payment for a service they have limited without consultation or consent.

i for one am going to post this to a few of the PC mags and newspaper IT sections for comments.....should make some interesting reading.

How can VM be so STUPID..they are effectively getting rid of all business and multi email customers.

i spoke with tech support and customer services and both titiles are a joke...you just cannot talk to anyone in authority.

goodbye virginmedia broadband  you are the only ISP who does this.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
TQ_uk

Guess what... Its happening again.

Cannot send emails (to a single address NOT multiple) through Outlook 2010. NOTHING has changed in my setup. Get immediate bounceback "System Administrator: Undeliverable"

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    test2

Sent: 13/08/2013 12:29

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.com on 13/08/2013 12:29

Server error: '453 Too Many Recipients (VM502)'

Can send through webmail. This isn't funny any more, please please please sort this out

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Hi all,

Sorry to see you have been having trouble with this. There has been some changes recently, this link will give you a summary of what has been changed.

If you have a large number of mails to send I would recommend sending them through webmail. 

TQ_uk, you may not be able to send any mail currently due to this:

'If you exceed the sending limit, there is a chance that your account will be locked, temporarily preventing you from sending messages through the Virgin Media mail server.'

If this is not the issue you are having you will need to give us a call on 1501 free from a Virgin Landline, or 0845 454 1111 (chargeable) from any other phone.

Thank you

Emma

Emma_K
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
TQ_uk

Hi Emma,

as previously stated, this is a single email to a single recipient, not a mass mailout (which I don't need to do nor ever have done).

I also get the "Error 0x800CCC0F" message flashing up more often than not on send/receive.

My virgin service is at home whilst I'm at work so with all due respect I'm not prepared to waste time and money calling Technical Support on an 0845 number, especially given the multitude of threads on this forum about similar errors and VM's complete lack of ability to sort this out.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
FredHartley

I have just joined the "Too many recipients" club - happened first time this morning. Now any test message I send just to myself crashes with the same error message. Am I now locked out of send? If so when do I get another chance? Is there a fix for this glitch? 

Please use plain text.
Crafty
jensmith

I'm now getting this error message.  I'm only sending an email to one individual at a time but this message keeps appearing.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
jensmith

Is this because of the broadband work that is apparently going on at the moment in this area - RG14?  

It would be nice if someone from VM could answer this question.  I haven't got time to sit on the end of a phone waiting for someone to answer.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
jensmith

This is the message I'm getting.  It's clearly not an unknown problem to VM and has nothing to do with my settings as nothing has been changed and it was working perfectly yesterday.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    RE: Curtains

Sent: 14/11/2013 10:44

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Smith, A.' on 14/11/2013 10:44

453 Too Many Recipients (VM502)

Am I the only person in this area getting this error message?

Please use plain text.