Menu
phibs14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error message from mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 no221r00G33LN9o01o22LU Spam content found

Why do some email send and others bring up the following message. 

There is no spam in the email i'm trying to send and is VERY frustrating to have to type out the whole email again to get it to send rather than just replying.

"Message could not be sent. Error message from mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 no221r00G33LN9o01o22LU Spam content found"

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error message from mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 no221r00G33LN9o01o22LU Spam content...

Hi phibs14,

Welcome and thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with spam content found. Appreciate this is frustrating.

So I can help you get this sorted I will need to send you a private message (purple envelope, top right hand side) to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
fangster
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error message from mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 no221r00G33LN9o01o22LU Spam content found

Happening to me now a year later:

Message could not be sent. Error message from e-mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 Jh3k1u0053CQ4Xg01h3kU1 Spam content found

I am trying to attach a csv file. Will this ever be sorted (I suspect the answer is no!)?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error message from mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 no221r00G33LN9o01o22LU Spam content found

Frankly sorting the incoming spam filtering to mitigate this error has largely been sorted. But although this error looks the same and arises from the same cause (badly tuned spam filtering) it has a different explanation (I believe).

I think it is to do with the outgoing spam filters not letting what they think is spam into the wider world when using certain of the VM outgoing mail servers. You need to give much more information to enable us to sort this.

Web mail or e-mail client? Sending over the VM network if sending via a client?  All e-mails with enclosures doing this or just some?  Only e-mails to others on the VM network (VM domains) doing it or doesn't that play a part in seeing this error?  Can we see the full error message please - I think the line you have quoted is only part of the message (I could be wrong). Edit out your e-mail address (at least the part before the @ symbol). 

If you can do it extract from the e-mail header the line that says X-Originating IP or X-Source IP. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos