Menu
DifferentLogin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error 554 - 554 5.2.0

I am finding that Virgin Media e-mail is becoming increasingly erratic.  Sometimes down completely.  Sometimes e-mails won't forward at all.  Images in some e-mails won't display at all even after clicking the display images icon.  Sometimes, I have to show I'm not a robot by having to click on some images, etc., etc.. Now today, I have an e-mail which, when I try to forward it, comes up with this message: 'Error. Message could not be sent. Error from mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 iNz41r0022y9goKD1Nz4sq. Spam content found.'  THE MESSAGE I AM TRYING TO SEND IS NOT A SPAM MESSAGE BUT FROM A 100% TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE! Yet I repeatedly get the error message.  The long string of hieroglyphics changes each time but I always get the 554 - 554 5.2.0 bit.  How can I bypass the error and forward the e-mail?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 554 - 554 5.2.0

Hi DifferentLogin.

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues email and with spam content found.

The general email issues you've described at the beginning of your post are linked to an ongoing issue we have with webmail at the moment. Webmail and IMAP services will experience intermittent login issues and performance problems as a result. We have posted here regarding this fault and will update it on a regular basis. In regards to the spam content error you had it may have been a random issue at that time or something in the email was picked up as possible spam. Could you try sending a basic message as a test to this address to see if it works.

Kind regards 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
romer48
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I recently had this issue and resolved it by getting rid of a rogue programme (unfortunately I did not make a note of the programme before deletion). On 20.09.2016, Microsoft did an update and brought the problem back. This time there are no rogue programmes and despite restoring to 19.09 the problem persists. It only happens when sending to Virgin addresses. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@romer48

You're posting in a thread from 2015.  Please start a new thread detailing your problem clearly.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos