Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
psmith98752

Re: Error 0x800CCC0F

This is defiantely not fixed. Having trouble sending emails from an ntlworld account:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'xxx'
Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Please advise!

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

try (temporarily) on port 25, no SSL for smtp.ntlworld.com

leave your POP3 or IMAP settings alone if incoming works

Fresh as a Daisy
Daveanne

I solved the problem, after much frustration talking to the help line), by using the Virgin.net settings for outgoing mail and keeping my NTL settings for incomming.

All's working at the moment.

P.S. the help line said that they would lave it fixed by the 26th?

Dave

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
molecycle

So it all goes quiet from last February until this last week and it starts over again in almost identical fashion. The symptoms I'm seeing over the last week is that inbound POP mail arrives instantly, but outbound SMTP stays in my outbox for an hour or so, with "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection .......... Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol:smileyfrustrated:MTP,Port: 465, Secure(SSL):Yes,Error Number: 0x800CCC0F." every time I hit Send/Receive to try and push it. This is clearly not a problem with my settings since it does eventually go without any action on my part - I'd guess congestion on the server.

1. Why isn't this mentioned on the status page. Service is not good, it's bad (politely)

2. Why is the only way that I can get any response or information to ring up and wait in a queue for 20 minutes, only to be fobbed off by the call centre agent claiming that there is a network problem - when there clearly isn't since I can ping the server in 100ms.

3. Since this has been dragging on for a week, don't VM have an internal escalation path for network issues? There has been no visible action. If I were the Ops Manager for VM I'd be suing the supplier by now, not waiting passively for a fix. 

BT keep offering me 35MB broadband ADSL for about the same money - next time they ring . . . 

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

molecycle wrote:

So it all goes quiet from last February until this last week and it starts over again in almost identical fashion. The symptoms I'm seeing over the last week is that inbound POP mail arrives instantly, but outbound SMTP stays in my outbox for an hour or so, with "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection .......... Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol:smileyfrustrated:MTP,Port: 465, Secure(SSL):Yes,Error Number: 0x800CCC0F." every time I hit Send/Receive to try and push it. This is clearly not a problem with my settings since it does eventually go without any action on my part - I'd guess congestion on the server.

1. Why isn't this mentioned on the status page. Service is not good, it's bad (politely)

2. Why is the only way that I can get any response or information to ring up and wait in a queue for 20 minutes, only to be fobbed off by the call centre agent claiming that there is a network problem - when there clearly isn't since I can ping the server in 100ms.

3. Since this has been dragging on for a week, don't VM have an internal escalation path for network issues? There has been no visible action. If I were the Ops Manager for VM I'd be suing the supplier by now, not waiting passively for a fix. 

BT keep offering me 35MB broadband ADSL for about the same money - next time they ring . . . 

1. It was, but a bit cryptic

Capture.JPG

2. That isn't the only way - you could look here :smileytongue:

3. Yeah, well, you are probably right. Still, just forget smtp.ntlworld.com, it should have been put down years ago. Use smtp.virginmedia.com instead

the grass ain't always greener over the fence, it just seems that way sometimes...

Making Waves
molecycle

1. so where did you see that?
2. or VM could put it on a help page
3. it never occurred to me that I could use virginmedia.com since my address ends in ntlworld.com - not exactly what teh help page says.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
caddie1

How many times do we have to send this error message for Lee G.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
magoo12

same here, I`ve changed to port 25 to get it working.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Please use plain text.
Crafty
lokster

changed  to port 25 worked here , this intermitant fault is becoming the NORM   , sort it out virgin there are other alternatives

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

lokster wrote:

changed  to port 25 worked here , this intermitant fault is becoming the NORM   , sort it out virgin there are other alternatives

you mean like smtp.virginmedia.com? :smileywink: