Menu
Geoff3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Emails won't download onto my laptop

Changed my VM password the other day and since then emails won't download onto my laptop and I get a message saying my ntlworld.com password can't be verified. Sure there must be a simple fix but would be grateful to know what it is. Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails won't download onto my laptop

Probably. If you are using an e-mail client then the passwords must match up. I bet you haven't changed the password in the client when you changed the password in My Virginmedia?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Geoff3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I've updated password on my machine but still get message saying password cannot be verified. I

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Geoff3 wrote:

Thanks. I've updated password on my machine but still get message saying password cannot be verified. I

If you are certain that you are entering the new password exactly as you entered it when changing it in My Virgin Media, I would suggest you repeat the password change process in My Virgin Media.  Just re-enter the password and it should force the VM servers to refresh their password databases.  Then go back to your email client, re-enter the new password and see what happens.