Menu
WilliamB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emails, now slower than snail mail

Hi all,

I just received an email that was sent 08:50 31st Jan and it arrived 14:30 today (2nd Feb).

Yet I've had other emails from the same company in the last 3 days taking anywhere between 10 seconds and 5 hours.

I'm hoping that Virgin Media will address this issue, as it seems to be a recurring theme on the boards.

Oh and logging into the boards took a good few minutes too Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
ptw99
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails, now slower than snail mail

The people who look after my domain say this:

"It appears that there are currently issues with Virgin Media accepting forwarded emails from a number of hosting providers, due to rate limits being reached. Essentially a large number of emails are being forwarded on from the same destination, and due to the strict spam policies in place, they are either rejecting or delaying the emails."

I would have preferred to have heard this from Virgin Media, along with a statement about what they are doing about it and when the problem will be resolved. Or is it permanent?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a community forum Virgn do answer posts on here but it can take them several days to get to a thread.

While Virgin do use rate limiting, they did have a separate issue with the mail servers between the 30/1 and the 1/2, which they posted on here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Sending-and-Receiving-30-01-17/td-p/332584

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

WilliamB
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. The link seems to be old, but I found what you were hoping to link.

Just a shame it's about as informative as me already there's a problem.

William

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@WilliamB

My error - I deleted a 0 off the end of the url - The correct URL is

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Sending-and-Receiving-30-01-17/td-p/3325840

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos