Menu
dinje
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Emails not sending through outlook

Hi 

For several weeks, I have been unable to send through outlook 2013, so I updated to 2016, still the same issue. Emails send through Virgin Media Mail through a Web browser ok.

I did get a letter form Virgin about spam going through my email account, so I ran malwarebytes and spybot, which found some items, that have now been deleted. However, I still can’t send emails.

I get these errors when trying to send.

Task '***@ntlworld.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 know-smtprelay-2-imp bizsmtp IP Blacklisted (VM504)'

Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 know-smtprelay-2-imp bizsmtp IP Blacklisted (VM504

Task '**@ntlworld.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 know-smtprelay-2-imp bizsmtp IP Blacklisted (VM504)'

My settings are:

Sending mail (SMTP
SMTP server name: smtp.ntlworld.com
SMTP SSL: Enabled
SMTP port: 465
SMTP authentication: Enabled
SMTP username: richard.branson@ntlworld.com

Receiving mail (POP3)
POP3 server name: pop3.ntlworld.com
POP3 SSL: Enabled
POP3 authentication: Enabled

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails not sending through outlook

Try changing ntlworld.com to virginmedia.com.

I'm assuming you have used the "richardbranson" in place of your own email address!

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
dinje
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The change didn't help, get this error now, any else i could try?

Task '***@ntlworld.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: '

Task '****@ntlworld.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

dinje wrote:

The change didn't help, get this error now, any else i could try?

Task '***@ntlworld.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: '

Task '****@ntlworld.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

It may be down to a typo when you changed the server names.  I suggest you check carefully against the settings on this page:  http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=094585E8-BAE7-4016-B7BC-4C888F7CB01B

Also check that any security software you are running is not interfering with the Outlook settings.  Some scan emails before sending and can cause issues with the settings.

dinje
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

no typo's, assuming it did not work as it was a virginmedia email, mine is an ntlworld.com email. so reverted back to my original settings now.

No email scanners running either.

got this error message when sending again, has it been blacklisted due to spam?

Task '**********@ntlworld.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 know-smtprelay-2-imp bizsmtp IP Blacklisted (VM504)'

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The virginmedia.com servers work with all the VM email domains including the legacy ones eg ntlworld.com, blueyonder.co.uk etc.  

The error messages you are getting are specific to the smtp server being blacklisted.  Switching to the virginmedia.com servers ought to help with this.  

If you cannot get those to work either then a member of the VM Forum team will need to pick this up.  It can take them a few days to reach threads at the moment, so you will need to be patient.

Otherwise call in and report a broadband fault, although you may struggle to get through 1st line support to the email team. 

dinje
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, ill wait for one of the VM Forum team to pick this up, not wasting more time on the phone Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
dinje
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried changing to virginmedia.com again, but still no luck, cant receive or send on that one

Task '**.***@virginmedia.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

Task '**.***@virginmedia.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 know-smtprelay-11-imp bizsmtp IP Blacklisted (VM504)'

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello dinje

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems sending email, VM504 as it says on the tin is a blacklisted IP. It is certainly something we are happy to investigate. Are you sending from your Virgin media connection? 

I will send you a forum private message to gather some more information.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos