Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3 (523 Views)

Emails not being received

I've had a message (by other means!) that a friend in USA has been trying to email me and is getting them returned as undeliverable. He has tried 3 times today and I think maybe yesterday. I saw the VM message re email setting changes and thought that might be the answer - but my settings seem to be as they should be and I'm getting other emails through.  Obviously I don't know if any others are being rejected.

He has managed to get a copy of the error message he has received to me via a chat system but  can't send photos to me via this.  The error message is: 

"This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity). A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: >>> [my ntlworld email address] (reading BANNER): 550 >>> mx1.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net bizsmtp Connection rejected. Your IP >>> 205.169.121.111 is in RBL. Please see >>> https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?205.169.121.111"

He has look up the Spamcop website - and doesn't really understand it but think there is something wrong with my email account which is blocking him.  I've had a quick look but think it might be a problem at his end!  I'd be really grateful if anyone could advise me or suggest what we can do about this.

Thank you, Jeni

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Rising star
Message 2 of 3 (1,028 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Jeni
‎16-03-2017 21:50

Re: Emails not being received

The server used by your friend to send emails is blacklisted. They should contact their email service provider.

BL-3.JPG 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Rising star
Message 2 of 3 (1,029 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Jeni
‎16-03-2017 21:50

The server used by your friend to send emails is blacklisted. They should contact their email service provider.

BL-3.JPG 

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3 (507 Views)

Thank you for the very quick reply - that puts my mind at rest and I will let him know.

Jeni

0 Kudos