Menu
jontutton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Emails not arriving

I have had confirmation that some emails just aren't arriving. There has been a bit of a delay on the account for a week or so but some emails that I've chased aren't coming through at all.

What can I do?

Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails not arriving

Hi Jon,

Hmm seems like there may be 2 issues here. 
Delayed mail would indicate that rate-limiting has been triggered, usually due to spam concerns. That in itself should mean the system is working as intended but the delay time should not be excessive.
If your emails have been delivered a substantial number of hours after being sent then I'd like to know so that I can investigate.

The other issue is the lack of expected mail. First thing I'd like you to do is the following please:

• Access webmail and check your Spam settings are not set to Reject All Spam Messages
  • Next check all folders in webmail, including Spam and Trash.

I have a couple of questions too:

1. Do you have an IOS device that accesses your emails?
  2. Is your email setup as IMAP or POP?
  3. Does anyone else have access to your emails that may have inadvertently deleted them?

Awaiting your reply so I can help with this Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jontutton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jen,

At present all emails go to all devices through imap - that is 2 iphones, 1 ipad, 1 macbook and 1 imac!

last week emails were coming through a day or so late, sometimes not at all and sometimes twice.

yes regarding the inadvertant deletion but unlikely to affect quite so many.

Spam doesn't seem to have the missing emails and is set to send all spam emails to the spam folder

Seems better today but still some delay on receiving emails

J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jontutton,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. Glad things have improved a little but would ask you to please read this post. It explains about some known issues with IOS devices deleting emails and I wonder if this might be a factor?

Slow delivery of mail is usually due to spam issues. However the delay should not be excessive, so please let me know what kind of delay you're experiencing and I'll see if that needs investigation.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos