Menu
allen-uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Emails don't appear on my web page

I attach a screenshot of my webpage. I have a main email address, and a few others, which I use for various specific things. Helps me, keeps me organised.

On my Mac OS el capitan, they all come through as expected. But on the occasions when I want to look at them on my webpage, they're not there. Well, almost never, let's say rarely.

Is my webpage set up wrongly? Why don't I regularly see incoming emails to my other addresses? Could someone explain the mechanisms, please?

Ta.

Allen.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains personal email addresses), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails don't appear on my web page

If you have, say, 4 VM email addresses and want to look at these by directly connecting to webmail, then you need to log into each of the 4 addresses separately using the respective email addresses and passwords.

Your MAC email client is probably collecting details from these 4 accounts automatically and showing all the data together in one view I suspect.

A word of warning. If you log into and out of multiple VM email accounts in a short period of time, you are likely to trigger the “prove you are not a robot” reCaptcha interface because such behaviour is regarded as indicative of a robotic attempt to guess email account passwords.

Suggest you read the VM webmail guidance here for more information about webmail -

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

0 Kudos
allen-uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bill, that helps.

Slight problem, or rather nuisance, was that following the steps detailed there, when I came to signing in to Virgin as one of my secondary email names, I had to 're-register', putting in contact email address, security question, date of birth, before it'd let me through to the email page. Is that going to happen each time I try logging in to a different address? And if I try and get back in as my main email address, will I have to do it all each time?
Once done, it DID log me in to that address, and yes, there are my emails, so thanks v.much for getting me that far!
Allen.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The information you were asked to provide is your personal "security questions" data. It may be that you have seldom (if ever) accessed one or more of these addresses directly through webmail since they were set up (did someone else set up your addresses and MAC mail for you - or is that lost in the mists of time?). The system needs to ensure that your security questions and answers are recorded in order to identify you if, say, you contact VM by telephone about your addresses or account. Having supplied the data once you should not have to repeat it each time.

0 Kudos
allen-uk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bill, helpful again.

No, I did set up all that, but possibly 15 years ago or more (when it was C&W I think), and yes, time does get misty as you get old(er).
Supplementary: Any idea how to DELETE an email address that appears on my 'folders'. It's one I added years ago which I no longer have.
Tks.
Allen.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think you mean "how to remove an old email account from the MAC mail view".

Put "how to delete email account from mac mail" into Google and follow the instructions on the Apple support site(s) in particular, or indeed any of the sites which appear on the first page of results. Read carefully first to make sure that the answer fits your setup. 

Bill

0 Kudos
allen-uk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Bill, I know how to keep my Mac and its Mail in order(!)

I'm talking about the list headed 'My Folders' that appears on the Virgin email page, bottom left. There i have a list of my previously-added email addresses, plus the one I now want to delete.

Ta.

A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Click on the cog icon in the black strip top of the page.  Select settings then Email accounts then click on the dustbin icon to the right of the email account you want to delete.

allen-uk
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, spot on. Account now deleted.

Ta

Allen.
0 Kudos