Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emails disappeared from inbox

I know similar things have happened to others but this morning looking at my emails (on myMail for iOS, not Apple's mail app). I tapped one of the messages and the whole of the inbox emptied. Looked in the trash folder, empty too. Luckily all the important ones which I had put into subfolders were still there but can't help wondering what's happened to the ones which disappeared and I'm assuming, looking at other threads, they can't be retrieved from anywhere. Logged into webmail and not showing there either.

Have Virgin had problems this morning or is it just me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails disappeared from inbox

Hello C_J_W

I am sorry if you have lost your emails, we have not noticed anyone else reporting it, I wonder if it was a possible Iphone issue. Are they in the trash folder, did you manage to retrieve them?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

Thanks for your reply. Afraid they disappeared into thin air - not in trash or anywhere else. Luckily I tend to keep my inbox pretty clear so anything important was already saved to pdf or in other subfolders and all are still there.

All I did was tap one message out of the four or five which were in the inbox and they all just disappeared. Not to worry, no harm done, just a mystery.

I was using myMail for iOS not the Apple Mail app

Thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello C_J_W

Thanks for getting back, well done for backing up elsewhere, as you say a mystery. It can be quite frustrating not knowing though if only to stop it happening again. Oh well time to let go I suppose....Fingers crossed.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
lexieboobee
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am  experiencing the same problem all my existing emails have disappeared and any new emails that come in then disappear but on the inbox folder it displayes the number on new emails but the main page is blank? Also on the left of the screen at the bottom is says 743 the number of emails but there's nothing on the main page? HELP

0 Kudos