Menu
billbill8
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Emails deleted after 30 items in folder

For some reason recently I have found my emails are deleted once they exceed 30 in number in any folder. I used to keep and still wish to retain historic emails indefinitely and am not aware of changing the deletion criterion. I have tried to find a way to fix this in settings, but can't find anything which allows me to do so.

Any advice on how to fix this please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails deleted after 30 items in folder

At the last count there were 879 email-related applications which you could be using in Windows.

See this - http://download.cnet.com/s/chat-voip-email-clients/windows/

So I'll just have a blind guess that you are using a variety of Microsoft Outlook and have screwed up the AutoArchive settings.

See this - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Automatically-move-or-delete-older-items-with-AutoArchive-e...

Suggest you read this - 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Help-the-Community-to-Help-You/td-p/3157325

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On the other hand if you are using VM web mail the screen only displays the first thirty e-mails in any folder. If you want to see the rest then scroll down to the bottom of the each block of thirty and click on the big light grey arrow at the bottom and the next thirty will appear - if they are there!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In webmail, hovering your pointer over a folder displays the total number of emails in the folder and the number unread; total can also be found by clicking and selecting Properties.

By the way, keep an eye on your web browser's address bar for warnings, for example, in Chrome SNP_2694059_en_v0.png is displayed when trying to load scripts from an unauthenticated source.

0 Kudos
billbill8
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I am using VM webmail so far as I know. The grey arrow arrears in each folder but nothing happens when I click on it now. This has only been the case for a couple of weeks- before that it was fine and I could access the older emails.
I had thought I must have inadvertantly changed the settings but I can't find a setting which deals with email retention whether by date or number anywhere.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you are using Chrome as your browser AND you have zoom set to something other than 100%, then the problem you describe - downward-pointing arrow/chevron in the middle of the line at the bottom of the page can occur. It means that Chrome is having a problem fitting the data into the page. Go into Chrome settings/advanced/web content/page zoom and reset to 100%.

If you are not using Chrome or Windows Magnifier, try a different browser.

0 Kudos
billbill8
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying.
I seem to have found an answer - by clicking on 'view' and unticking or ticking (doesn't seem to matter which) 'folder view' under 'options', in each folder. I have no idea why this is now necessary but I can find historic emails by doing so.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos