Menu
dartincaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emails being rejected as quarantine

When either sending or forwarding messages from @unilever.com to @virginmedia.com addresses the messages are being rejected as undeliverable with the following message:

mx3.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net rejected your message to the following email addresses:

(email address being sent to)
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

mx3.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net gave this error:
HntN1u00v1wWwDU01ntPZV DMARC validation failed with result 3.00:quarantine

How can I stop this from happening?  This is only occurring since Virgin moved to Gmail

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails being rejected as quarantine

Just a small point - Virgin Mail is NOT associated with Google's mail system. Indeed last year it moved away from Google's ISP mail apps because Google closed the service.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can tell you exactly what the problem is.

Unilever are publishing an SPF record ending in -all.

Virgin Media originally decided when they took the e-mail system back in house that SPF hard fails would automatically be bounced.   Ideally it should be honoring Unilever's Dmarc policy and actually delivering the mail to your Spam folder instead.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dartincaz, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being bounced.

I can see that HowardML and Ravenstar68 have already been on the case. 

Seems to be a different issue to what we have been seeing recently from what I can see ravenstar68  seems to be on the money. 

I have been talking to a colleague and we would like to investigate further to see why this is happening. Please pop across the header of the failed sent email, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message. Send it to me via PM (purple envelope top right hand corner).

Once we have that information we will be able to take a further look into this. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You might all be interested in this thread:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/DMARC-rejection-A-practical-example/td-p/3286170

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard, 

I have already taken a look and flagged it to James, Nic and Jen for future reference Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide