Menu
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Emails Not Being Received

I am not receiving some emails from two organisations I belong to.  Customer Services said late last year they would look into and get it sorted but I heard nothing further. I have checked spam and trash folders and I use Mozilla Firefox. Can you help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails Not Being Received

Make sure your web mail spam settings conform to this guidance. Should sort it out.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Non-Delivery-of-emails-to-Virgin-Customers/td-p/3026118

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi rainydays, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you were having trouble with emails not being received.

I can see that HowardML has been helping out with this. Did the information he popped across to you help you to get things sorted? 

If you're still having trouble let us know and we'll be able to take a further look into this for you. 

All the best

Emma 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Emma, thanks for your email. I have not resolved the problem yet but have contacted my local history society and asked them to let me know what bounce message they get when they next send out batch emails. I have not contacted the other (very large) organisation yet but intend to do so soon. As far as I can see I have set my spam settings as suggested.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi rainydays, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. Let me know once you have had a reply from them. 

It would be helpful to see the headers of the bounced message if that is at all possible to get hold of. If they are unable to get them to you directly if they would be able to PM me with a little information I would always be happy to take a look. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Emma, many thanks for taking the time to contact me again. The history society is in limbo until September but I contacted the SNP who gave me the following response

"RE: Emails Not Being Received [ ref:_00D24eMqo._50024ampuK:ref ]

David,

I'm really sorry - but there's no more information on this at this end. The bounce is being caused by your email / email provider settings.

If you have another email address we can use that instead.

Regards,

SNP Member Care"

I'm afraid this does not help too much.

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm afraid this mail doesn't really help us much Smiley Sad 

We would need the actual headers in order for us to investigate this further and resolve the issue. 

You can get the headers of the email from the bounce back non delivery notification we would have sent.  Without this we're not able to help any further Smiley Sad

Do you know if there are any other mails you should be receiving but aren't?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Kath, thanks for your reply. I will try again to get more info but I think it is difficult for SNP because mailings are sent to a large number of people. The local history society next mailing will be around early September and I might get some info back from them. The only other mailing that has stopped is the offers that Amazon used to sent out but oddly enough there theatre offers still arrive.  Cheers, Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for the update. I understand it can be difficult to obtain the requested information from another company. But the Header will explain what is causing mail sent to you to be rejected.
From dealing with recent similar issues I'd guess that the NDR's (non delivery reports) are indicating 'spam content found' - this would most likely be due to misconfigured DNS/rDNS/PTR from the sending company. It might be worth mentioning this to them.
Please keep us updated though so we can help sort this out for you.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Jen, thanks for your message. I will pass it on to the sender.

0 Kudos