Menu
NGC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4 (57 Views)

Email

Hi All,

When I leave VM I understand that I will not be able to sign in to VM and access my blueyonder.co.uk email address,

Does it mean that I will have to stop using that email address or will I still be able to get my emails through another method (ie Windows 10)

Sorry to ask but I don't know much about how it all works

Thanks

Neil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (55 Views)

Re: Email

Your e-mail address will be completely and utterly deleted and lost for ever 90 days after you leave VM. You won't be able to access via webmail or through any other e-mail program.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
NGC
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4 (27 Views)

Ok thanks, is there anyway around it to avoid me having to change every web site user name?

can I add a divert from the blueyonder email address to a different one e.g. Hotmail 

neil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (23 Views)

[ Edited ]

Only while your blueyonder address remains live. You can set up a holiday message in web mail to do this and then auto-forward your BY mail to your new address. But once the BY address is deleted that is it. So you are best advised to sort out your new e-mail address with a non-ISP related provider like GMail or Outlook (there are others) now.  You can use your Hotmail address. This is then your permanent address which thankfully will not change should you subsequently change ISP again. And change all your web site log-ins to your new and permanent address now while you have time.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos