Menu
chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email with email client.

I use a email client to bring down the mails from vergin media.

When some time ago they changed who handled the emails, I noticed even though the correct boxes were ticked, the emails brought down to me by the client were not deleted from Virgin mail.

Many clients I have tried. and ticked ' remove from site when downloaded' but it was never done....

So now I carry loads of old mails on Virgin, which I guess will get deleted when time to hold is up, or it gets too full.

.I believe Virgin knew of this for very long time, but believe nothing was adjusted...I sort of don't care any more, and have not  revisited this for years,  but if anyone knows things have changed, It would be usefull to know and I would try again.

Thank you,

Chris.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email with email client.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Change the setup, use imap not pop3should be sorted, to be honest, you'd be far better off opening a non virgin email account, so that when or if you leave virgin, your email account stays active (Virgin will close the email when you leave) there are lots of free email provider including yahoo, live and gmail all free all with less ongoing issues than Virgin and when you do move to anywhere in the world and ty/broadband supplier they will just still work.

It's not magic it's just Virgin have always been terribly bad with email accounts
chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the link, will look into it.

Chris

0 Kudos
chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the information, will give it a go, and yes I can see a non virgin account would be usefull.... I must add, having been with virgin for many years it's not too bad, and have always had good responce/service from them.

Having said that, now I am having problems with superhub 2ac and VOIP calling, and have asked a question over on the wifi forum place...
Chris
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Change the setup, use imap not pop3should be sorted, to be honest, you'd be far better off opening a non virgin email account, so that when or if you leave virgin, your email account stays active (Virgin will close the email when you leave) there are lots of free email provider including yahoo, live and gmail all free all with less ongoing issues than Virgin and when you do move to anywhere in the world and ty/broadband supplier they will just still work.

It's not magic it's just Virgin have always been terribly bad with email accounts
chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the link, will look into it.

Chris

0 Kudos
chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the information, will give it a go, and yes I can see a non virgin account would be usefull.... I must add, having been with virgin for many years it's not too bad, and have always had good responce/service from them.

Having said that, now I am having problems with superhub 2ac and VOIP calling, and have asked a question over on the wifi forum place...
Chris
0 Kudos