Menu
rogers44
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Email will not load

Hi,

For weeks now my email will not load. I just keep getting the three grey dots flashing on screen.

I have tried-

Clearing Cache and Cookies

Changing Browser to Firefox and Back to Chrome

Re-Starting Router

Refreshing Browser 

Nothing works. This problem has been getting worse and worse over the last few months.

Any ideas people?! 

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email will not load

See my reply to a similar post here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-access-Blueyonder-email/td-p/3373637/jump-to/fir...
rogers44
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thankyou Graham,

Have tried Internet Explorer as a browser just now and seems to be ok on that thankyou. Also tried outlook but it does not seem to update very quickly so IE it is for now.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

See my reply to a similar post here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-access-Blueyonder-email/td-p/3373637/jump-to/fir...
rogers44
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thankyou Graham,

Have tried Internet Explorer as a browser just now and seems to be ok on that thankyou. Also tried outlook but it does not seem to update very quickly so IE it is for now.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
sonobuoy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ive had this problem on & off for a few weeks & it's getting worse This morning I cannot get email at all, even trying a range of browsers.

At least the "Service Status" are on Virgin's site admits a problem. Wonder of wonders!

Apparently they've "identified the problem" and "an engineer is on the way". The problem for me has become: I'm paying a premium price for a service that is no longer premium quality"

Jeni
Dialled in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had an email problem this morning, also couldn't access VM website. So I looked on downdetector website - and there were over 400 reports from all over saying the system was down.I've just got it back.  Wished I'd realised this was the problem before I spent ages playing with my email settings!

NPBelchamber
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Wednesday - again the e-mail will not load again.  Yesterday it was out for most of the day.  What are we paying for?  (Gloucester)

N P Belchamber

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As we have commented in other threads - not e-mail. It is a free value added service provided by VM without warranty as to performance.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
brian77
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

VM e.mail has been a joke for months, I have been unable to access e.mails for around 3 days now, perhaps it's about time to change broadband provider.

0 Kudos
Reena
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here with dodgy downloading of E-mail Inbox. The message from Virgin states that they are updating their system. I just got into my E-mails so VM Engineers must have fixed the technical issues.

Don't know when the next technical hitch will strike as VM Emails seem unreliable.

0 Kudos
par999
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Whilst it may be 'a free value added service provided by VM without warranty as to performance' how is it not e-mail?

If you look on the Virginmedia home page next to 'find a store' and 'sign in' there's a strange 'Email' button which now and again accesses the Webmail service.

Or is there misrepresentation going on?