Menu
karenmartin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Email virgin.net not pulling messages through

I am hoping somebody out there can help me. Since yesterday my emails will not pull through in my iphone, ipad or Live Windows on my PC.

I get a message saying

Cannot Get Mail

The mail server "mail virgin.net" is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

I have not changed any settings. I can log onto Virgin Media and log onto my email account there but know there are emails sent to me that I have not received, although there are some that have come through. Someone who tried to send to me yesterday received a strange undelivered message back for one message, but nothing for a subsequent one

Help !!

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email virgin.net not pulling messages through

All of you. Something odd is happening. We have asked the Forum Team to pick it up urgently and have a look. One of my more experienced SUs has done some diagnostics to help them. It isn't a known issue yet - at least not until VM establish the cause. Please also stop posting all over the place. It doesn't help. It just clogs up the threads in this kind of circumstance. We are on the case You will have to be patient. We have done all we can for you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Join the club!

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
karenmartin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Not feeling quite so alone in the world now !

I have had this happen many times before but never for this long....do you think it will sort itself out eventually....

0 Kudos
zip2diskuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Its a small comfort to know others are in the same position, so I can stop spending ages reinstalling programs and rechecking settings because its clearly a fault on the server side. It would be great if someone with the power could actually post something on the known issue page which currently says all is well.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All of you. Something odd is happening. We have asked the Forum Team to pick it up urgently and have a look. One of my more experienced SUs has done some diagnostics to help them. It isn't a known issue yet - at least not until VM establish the cause. Please also stop posting all over the place. It doesn't help. It just clogs up the threads in this kind of circumstance. We are on the case You will have to be patient. We have done all we can for you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Just so you are aware I've done some digging.

The email server addresses are not pointing at Virgin's system.  Doing some more digging shows an issue with the entire virgin.net domain itself.

I have raised my concerns to Virgin Media - we can only sit and wait I'm afraid.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

And not to take any credit at all for the diagnostics that ravenstar68 has done I have added my voice to the concerns. A few minutes ago we were told that our concerns had been referred for attention. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I've posted all I know here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-net-email-issues-please-read/td-p/3254156

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for late reply. We're looking into this now - apparently this issue was raised and closed yesterday. I'm currently looking for more details on this. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for all your support/input.

Jen
Forum Team

Schnauzer
Joining in
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem too. Haven't been able to access my virgin email account from my iPad or mobile yesterday or today which is so annoying. Had to log in directly to virgin email in safari and saw this forum while looking for problem solving. 

0 Kudos