Not been able to send / received emails via other isp's since saturday.
Not always connected via my home connection, so need to be able to receive emails on the move, without having to login to individual accounts. tried setting forward to gmail but that stopped working in May 2017.
getting pretty fed up with happening several times every year, a real pain in the neck.
The last time you posted here about an email issue was on 09/01/2017 – and you said -
“Go into outlook re-enter settings run the test and It works again “
Conclusion: Outlook and/or Outlook’s settings were screwed up and re-entering the settings fixed that.
You have not posted again about email until today.
You now say -
(a) “tried setting forward to gmail but that stopped working in May 2017”.
So – did it work to start with – and for how long? Any idea or error message about why it might have stopped? It wasn’t important enough to raise the issue?
(b) “fed up with happening several times every year”.
Total issues so far this calendar year seems to be 2 – not “several” - whose dictionary definition is “more than 2”.
Have you been able to connect to your mail via Outlook whilst on the road at any time this calendar year?
You are presumably sometimes on the move around the country and not on your home Internet connection at those times. Can you clarify the following -
1. It is within the UK and not abroad?
2. What computer are you using – laptop/tablet/or what? – which operating system and version?
3. Email client is Outlook 2016 – how many accounts are you trying to access on Outlook and on which networks (VM/Gmail/BT/etc)?
4. How do you connect to the internet on your travels – Wi-Fi hot-spots, Hotel network or what? And do you have to Login to a network to start using it? Are you aware of any connectivity limits imposed by the networks you are using?
5. Describe precisely what happens when you try to connect your Outlook client with the VM email service – and any other email services you are using Outlook for.