Menu
brigantia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Email problems

I seem to be having numerous problems with my email.  Firstly when I try to log on I get a screen saying service not working please retry, I press retry and I get onto my emails.  On number of occasions my folders have not appeared in the left column and this morning my trash folder and spam folder have disappeared.  ( I always empty both prior to logging out.)  I am also getting a red sign popping up continuously saying 'server error'  Any ideas how I can resolve this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
AndrewGC
Dialled in
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email problems

Like you I just get a "hang" screen with either Loading or three/four dots. Often crashes and sometimes appears with no folders and nothing showing. Clearly Virgin once again having issues. Tried to check the service status but, yes, you can't even sign into your Virgin Account. Hang on: Just in and see this:

You may currently be experiencing intermittent access to webmail. Refreshing your internet browser could help resolve the issue

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Maybe someone from Virgin can come clean and admit the fault? Some recom

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Once again this morning unable to get into email. Just  stuck on the virgin loopy logo  saying loading , for 7 minutes !!. Sick and tired of seeing the fault on the service status that just gets pushed forward every time it hits the finish time  !.  Virgin have lost the plot, too too many problems.Failure and failure with everything lately .

0 Kudos

All Replies
AndrewGC
Dialled in
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Like you I just get a "hang" screen with either Loading or three/four dots. Often crashes and sometimes appears with no folders and nothing showing. Clearly Virgin once again having issues. Tried to check the service status but, yes, you can't even sign into your Virgin Account. Hang on: Just in and see this:

You may currently be experiencing intermittent access to webmail. Refreshing your internet browser could help resolve the issue

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Maybe someone from Virgin can come clean and admit the fault? Some recom

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Once again this morning unable to get into email. Just  stuck on the virgin loopy logo  saying loading , for 7 minutes !!. Sick and tired of seeing the fault on the service status that just gets pushed forward every time it hits the finish time  !.  Virgin have lost the plot, too too many problems.Failure and failure with everything lately .

0 Kudos
brigantia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Well at least I know it is not my computer if other people are having the same problems.  Hopefully Virgin will resolve it as soon as.

0 Kudos
willow001
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Having same problems it has been going on for about 3 months now.

Are Virgin sorting this out because the email service is so poor might have to ditch virgin

0 Kudos
AndrewGC
Dialled in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

And it's December and still getting the hang screen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Apologies for the intermittent access issues with webmail. We are aware of this and are currently working on getting a resolution out to you. In the meantime refreshing the page may help. Or an alternate option is to set up an email client.

We'll let you know as soon as we have some good news to impart, and I have put details about the issue on each of your accounts, but thank you for your patience.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ruivo
Joining in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problems with email ,waiting and waiting .Today unable to compose .For months now i have nothing but problems.

Thinking of moving to another provider.I have had enough.

0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ruivo,

It is not necessary to change provider in order to obtain a more responsive email account and one with more modern features.  I suggest opening a free Gmail account.  It is quick and easy.   A Google account has these features which Virgin Media accounts do not offer at the present time:

• the ability to set a password longer than ten characters for your protection
  • automatic notification if your login habits change, such as someone logging in from another country, designed to protect you from unauthorized access to your account
  • protection from spoofing
  • the ability to turn on two-step verification, another important modern feature to prevent someone other than you from accessing the account in case you inadvertently give away your account password
  • start-of-the-art spam filtering

You can automatically import all of the mail from the Virgin Media account.  Many have made this change in the past 18 months and have not looked back.

-Wrock.

0 Kudos
davylee07
Joining in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Jen,

Has this issue been resolved. Major problems accessing emails from my PC. It appears as though it is an ongoing issue. When trying to access emails the screen just hangs. Has been like this intermittently for months however I now have no access to emails.

0 Kudos