Menu
ClaireBa
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email pop-up 'server unreachable'

Hi there

I've had Virgin email for years but for the last few weeks after I have been logged in for a few minutes i'm unable to send/receive emails and an orange pop-up comes up at the bottom of the screen saying 'server unreachable'.   This is on and off for the rest of the time I am logged in.  Sometimes I have to log off and log back in again to use it.  It is now getting really annoying and as it wasn't there in the beginning, I am hoping it can be sorted.

Many thanks for any advice :-)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email pop-up 'server unreachable'

I've seen the message you're referring to so I have a good idea that you are referring to the webmail platform.

Unfortunately, Virgin Media seem to have ongoing problems with the webmail service that they are struggling to pin down (I hate intermittent faults, sometimes it's much better for something to fail completely - even if it is more inconvenient that it does so).

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ClaireBa wrote:

Hi there

I've had Virgin email for years but for the last few weeks after I have been logged in for a few minutes i'm unable to send/receive emails and an orange pop-up comes up at the bottom of the screen saying 'server unreachable'.   This is on and off for the rest of the time I am logged in.  Sometimes I have to log off and log back in again to use it.  It is now getting really annoying and as it wasn't there in the beginning, I am hoping it can be sorted.

Many thanks for any advice :-)

Instead of signing out and in again press Ctrl + Shift + R to achieve the same; save a draft of emails your composing before doing so.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ravenstar68 wrote:

I've seen the message you're referring to so I have a good idea that you are referring to the webmail platform.

Unfortunately, Virgin Media seem to have ongoing problems with the webmail service that they are struggling to pin down (I hate intermittent faults, sometimes it's much better for something to fail completely - even if it is more inconvenient that it does so).

Ravenstar68

Web browser's mixed content protection is probably stopping the graceful exit.

0 Kudos
hemelvirgin
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi,

Vm web mail is totally not fit for purpose.

we run a villa rental business & need to have a reliable service for emails ,have used vm for over 5 years so advertising ,paperwork etc all vm mail.

vm web mail since the new year is so temperamental accessing it using pc or macbook is very frustrating .

have had pop3 disiaster uyears ago when pc crashed loosing locally stored emails so need a reliable server access to store emails .

any suggestions on using vm mail via pc & macbook ,thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be a boar, but using a VM residential email as your​ main email for business use is a breach of the Terms & conditions to which you agreed on sign up.

So regardless of the current unreliable VM webmail service, that some users experience, you should be looking to switch to an email provider more suitable for business use.